• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John Collins is #2 in KP's All-ACC Ratings

Pilchard

Reaction score
The Current ACC All-KenPom Ratings:

1. Bonzie Colson ND
2. John Collins WF
3. Luke Kennard Duke
4. Jaron Blossomgame CL
5. Kennedy Meeks UNC

The ratings are just based upon productivity to date and are not a projection as to future professional success.

So great to have an unstoppable force inside. Creates opportunities for everyone else.

Last edited:
I imagine he would be #1 if our other guys could feed the post on time at the right angle. Last night is encouraging bc they are getting better. I gotta think Danny is all over this...

I hope Manning is able to capitalize on his development of Collins on the recruiting trail. He is starting to look like his reputation as a big man coach was well deserved.

I think it was Woods last night that made the best entry pass we've had in about 10 years from the top of the key to JC who perfectly sealed off his man and laid it in for an and-1.

Hmmm, where's Giles?

The ratings also factor in winning/team success, so it's actually even more impressive than it looks at face value.

He was +32 last night in 24 minutes. That is pretty impressive.

I love the way he relentlessly works for position. Haven't been to a game yet but seems like he has a great motor along with all that talent.

Love him. Really hoping he doesn't play himself in to the lottery this year.

Collins might be an NBA player one day, but I don't think there is anyway he would leave after this year. His game is still incomplete, and he has been way too inconsistent. His size is a problem in the NBA. at 6'8" (probably closer to 6'7" if you ask me) he is going to have a lot of problems with PFs. He needs to get stronger, and really work on his shooting before he is ready to make the leap. I think we have him for 4 years, and then I think he has a MONSTER senior season is drafted in the top 10, much like a Kris Dunn. He will still only be 21 years old when he graduates from college, and will actually be younger than a guy like Bacon (FSU) who is already almost 22 years old as a sophomore.

Realize that player heights are often inflated, but Collins is listed at 6-10, and to my untrained eye based upon the fact that he typically matches up with the opponents 5, that height seemed pretty legit. I would be surprised if he is just 6-7. If he is just 6-7, doesn't matter how long he plays for WF, he is not going to be a factor in the NBA as an inside player.

Last edited:
He looks at least 6'9 to me.

Collins might be an NBA player one day, but I don't think there is anyway he would leave after this year. His game is still incomplete, and he has been way too inconsistent. His size is a problem in the NBA. at 6'8" (probably closer to 6'7" if you ask me) he is going to have a lot of problems with PFs. He needs to get stronger, and really work on his shooting before he is ready to make the leap. I think we have him for 4 years, and then I think he has a MONSTER senior season is drafted in the top 10, much like a Kris Dunn. He will still only be 21 years old when he graduates from college, and will actually be younger than a guy like Bacon (FSU) who is already almost 22 years old as a sophomore.

Agree most of this (except the height comment). He isn't strong enough by a long shot to play inside and his range is really limited. All of this can be developed but it won't be sitting on an NBA bench. Is Collins willing to wait? Few seem to be. Can't really blame them. But it would be a shame.

I think it was Woods last night that made the best entry pass we've had in about 10 years from the top of the key to JC who perfectly sealed off his man and laid it in for an and-1.

Lil Chill tried the same pass earlier in the game, but had it picked off. Love Woods' game! He might get some records before he leaves WS.

This is partly wrong. He's not 6'7 or 6'8. He's 6'10. However, he's still to thin and light to be really effective as power player in the post. We've seen him have issues with physically stronger players.

We saw him have issues with a 24 year old Shaq sized man named Ojo. His size at 19 is not going to ding him in the draft process, especially with his frame. DraftExpress had him as a 2018 1st round pick before moving him to 2017 2nd round pick. I don't think he goes this year though, it only really makes sense if you can't improve your draft stock as you're already maxed out or older, or if you're a 1st round lock. To go otherwise often comes with some financial and/or academic challenges.

Back