• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How will Trump compare to George W?

myDeaconmyhand

First man to get a team of horses up Bear Mountain
Reaction score
In what ways will they be different, and what ways will they be similar? I have heard from some people that believe Trump actually has many moderate views and will govern more from the center than traditional Republicans.

I have heard from others that believe Trump will be a harsher more authoritarian President, who will exact petty vengeance on his political enemies, while relying on his Republican cabinet to make traditional Republican choices.

Hey dwarves, dispatch a minion over to townie's philly bungalow and pry him out of his fetal position

k

thanks

assuming TRUMP doesn't start decades long wars I think he'll compare favorably

If he's worse than W he'll be the worst president in my lifetime, cause that guy SUCKED.

W is way more likable as a human being, but he set an incredibly low bar as president. Trump certainly has it in him to do worse. Hopefully, NATO survives and we avoid a bloody shooting war in Korea or the Middle East. It seems to be a given that is going to give Nixon a run for his money the corruption department.

Trump's hawk cred starting out strong:
"We will reinforce old alliances and form new ones and unite the civilized world against radical Islamic terrorism, which we will eradicate from the face of the Earth."

I feel like I've heard that before. Can anyone else hear boots hitting the ground? Good luck with Syria, Iran, Iraq, Turkey, Georgia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Libya, Jordan, Afghanistan...

Last edited:
Trump's hawk cred starting out strong:
"We will reinforce old alliances and form new ones and unite the civilized world against radical Islamic terrorism, which we will eradicate from the face of the Earth."

but first, we need to build a wall and cut trade ties

W is way more likable as a human being, but he set an incredibly low bar as president. Trump certainly has it in him to do worse. Hopefully, NATO survives and we avoid a bloody shooting war in Korea or the Middle East. It seems to be a given that is going to give Nixon a run for his money the corruption department.

I notice you didn't mention you don't want to see a war in eastern Europe.

I don't bring that up to start another partisan thread, I bring it up because Trump is making the same naive jingoistic promises we have all heard before.

Back