• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lame ass, no life schmuck attempted hack

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Just got this email from the site:

Dear RJKarl,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Old Gold and Black Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address:

All the best,
Old Gold and Black Forums

How pathetic must your life be to do this?

It should be easy for the MODS to check the IP address and ban that person...but they won't.

Whoa but how can we be sure this is the real rj and that the hacker didn't get in, change the password, and then post this, locking the real rj out forever?

We may never know.

rjkarl.gif

Whoa but how can we be sure this is the real rj and that the hacker didn't get in, change the password, and then post this, locking the real rj out forever?

We may never know.

We better just lock down the account to be safe.

IP address rules out Cheesebeard. I don't think that is Myers Park either, so Biff is safe. Only the Lord knows.

It should be easy for the MODS to check the IP address and ban that person...but they won't.

It might be, yeah. It's definitely not easy if you never even reach out to us and let us know about this email in the first place/share the IP address that was given to you. That's an automated email from vBulletin fwiw, not something we wrote up manually just for a special snowflake like you.

It might be, yeah. It's definitely not easy if you never even reach out to us and let us know about this email in the first place/share the IP address that was given to you. That's an automated email from vBulletin fwiw, not something we wrote up manually just for a special snowflake like you.

Dude! Careful! You don't know who you're giving this info to. Could be rj, could be DeacDiggler, could be Russia for all we know. rj has been digging pretty heavily into Paul Manafort lately. I'd be careful telling whoever this is about the board secrets.

tumblr_inline_mp6iv83T7S1qz4rgp.gif

I replied to the email thinking you'd get it.

I'll be happy to PM it to you,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back