• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Brendon Clark, the 4 star QB for the 2019 class has dropped from the top 100 to less than 300 on the 247 composite since his commitment to us. Not surprising the least but rather funny. If he had committed to Alabama, he'd be a 5 star.

Brendon Clark, the 4 star QB for the 2019 class has dropped from the top 100 to less than 300 on the 247 composite since his commitment to us. Not surprising the least but rather funny. If he had committed to Alabama, he'd be a 5 star.

Is that because another service evaluated him? I think he had only been rated by 247.

Donavan Greene vs Starmount: 6 catches for 170 yards for 2 TDs (covering 72 and 64 yards).

Is Sam Hartman enrolling early? Would be nice to get him started out early with S&C

Is Sam Hartman enrolling early? Would be nice to get him started out early with S&C

Yes, he's enrolling in January.

Hartman completed 30 of 50 on Friday for 444 yards, 2 TD's and no picks. He also ran for 2 scores in Oceanside Collegiate's (Mt. Pleasant, SC) first ever win. They went 0-8 last year in their inaugural season.

Yes, he's enrolling in January.

Hartman completed 30 of 50 on Friday for 444 yards, 2 TD's and no picks. He also ran for 2 scores in Oceanside Collegiate's (Mt. Pleasant, SC) first ever win. They went 0-8 last year in their inaugural season.

Imagine the worst talent pool of hs football players you can think of and then double it. Thats the quality of players in his division.

Imagine the worst talent pool of hs football players you can think of and then double it. Thats the quality of players in his division.

I wouldn't agree with that. Oceanside Collegiate is a public charter school playing in Class AA. If you want to see the worst pool of players that would be 8-man football among small private schools.

Oceanside plays a public Class AAAAA high school (James Island High) on 9/1 so that might tell us something.

Last edited:
I wouldn't agree with that. Oceanside Collegiate is a public charter school playing in Class AA. If you want to see the worst pool of players that would be 8-man football among small private schools.

Oceanside plays a public Class AAAAA high school (James Island High) on 9/1 so that might tell us something.

They beat up on these animals

Varsity%20Football%20Team%20Picture%202016.png

They beat up on these animals

Varsity%20Football%20Team%20Picture%202016.png

#40 is an effing killer. Look at those eyes.

Like I said, they play a AAAAA school on 9/1 so that will tell us more.

Charter schools often play odd schedules. Blend of public schools from multiple classifications as well as private schools. I officiated SC high school football for 15 years and there is some top notch talent and competition in some of the private schools, as well as some horrendous play and non-existent talent at some public schools.

I'd judge what Oceanside and Hartman can do against the 2 or 3 decent teams they play this year.

How does the current level of competition compare to what he saw at Davidson Day?

How does the current level of competition compare to what he saw at Davidson Day?
Hard to say. Their schedule is all over the place.

3 games against Class AAA SC private schools
6 games against SC public schools (1 against Class AAAAA, 2 against Class AAA, & 1 against Class A)
1 game against a Class A school from Georgia

Probably a step up from the Davidson Day competition, but I'd probably use those 6 games against the public schools in SC as the measuring stick. The 9/1 game against Class AAAAA James Island will be interesting.

Yeah, from the limited quotes I read, it seemed like it may have been an admissions/administration vs. athletics issues, where they had no JV pipeline and no way of getting kids who couldn't pay their own way into the school.

Yeah, from the limited quotes I read, it seemed like it may have been an admissions/administration vs. athletics issues, where they had no JV pipeline and no way of getting kids who couldn't pay their own way into the school.

Mt Airy is once again a team projected to go deep into the playoffs with super WR Donavon Greene. Expected to commit to Deacs in October.

Are they in the lowest classification status in NC or the 2nd lowest? Also didn't James Brim come from up there too?

Back