• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sources are saying State will fire Gott at end of year.

As much as it sucks to be a Wake fan, I will admit it is fun to be the team that is the last straw before coaches are fired

PP is pretty fun. The way they talk you'd think NCSU was right there with UNC and Duke as one of the top jobs in the conference. Worlds ahead of LOWF certainly.

Of course, of their two coaches that have had any success over the past 27 years, one of them was driven out of town to one of the worst high major jobs in the country and the other had his firing leaked a month before the season ended. Yeah, if I were a coach I would love to work for that administration / fanbase.

It will be hilarious when Archie Miller turns them down because staying at Dayton is a better job.

NCSU should be a great job. They have a rabid fan base that pours money into the program, low academic standards, great facilities, and they are in the ACC. They have just made shit hires for a while.

PP is pretty fun. The way they talk you'd think NCSU was right there with UNC and Duke as one of the top jobs in the conference. Worlds ahead of LOWF certainly.

Of course, of their two coaches that have had any success over the past 27 years, one of them was driven out of town to one of the worst high major jobs in the country and the other had his firing leaked a month before the season ended. Yeah, if I were a coach I would love to work for that administration / fanbase.

This sounds like the tiers argument.

I explained 1 theory for how they are 3 tiers behind us right now in the "how many tiers" thread.

There are others, indicating they're "worlds" behind us.

Of course 2010-2014 is a different story.

They base most of their cluelessness on football. We lose to them in football, and that makes us irrelevant.

NCSU should be a great job. They have a rabid fan base that pours money into the program, low academic standards, great facilities, and they are in the ACC. They have just made shit hires for a while.

I don't think that stuff matters nearly as much as people think.

Above all, it's all about the coach. That stuff helps to land good coaches, but the key is really just identifying the right coach at the right time. That's what they suck at, mainly because the fanbase and boosters demand a big name. That's how you end up with Sidney Lowe.

People have been saying this for 25 years. It just isn't true. No one wants to be the little brother in the Triangle.

Yes, he got a two year extension after State's 2012 tournament run. His contract now runs through 2017-18. State says that they aren't going to fire him. We'll see.

Not jus as I remembered. So, did a Google. - Also, pretty drastic that news reports he WILL be fried - not that it is strong speculation. Anyway this from 2015:

"New deal will pay Mark Gottfried $2.48 million annually through 2020"

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/nc-state/state-now/article44756310.html#storylink=cpy

Roy and K ain't getting any younger. Replacing them is not going to be easy.

It will be a hell of lot easier than luring an elite coach to State. Pretty much any basketball coach in the world is a realistic target for either of those schools.

This is exactly what happened at Alabama (perhaps minus a few co-eds?) and State fans are surprised, why?

It will be a hell of lot easier than luring an elite coach to State. Pretty much any basketball coach in the world is a realistic target for either of those schools.

I think Archie Miller is a great coaching prospect. I think he is signed, sealed, and delivered to State too.

I think carolina and/or duke will not open themselves up to a full coaching search because of misguiding notions of keeping it in the family. If you think Wojo/Collins and Hubert are elite coaches, then they will be fine. I tend to disagree.

I think Archie Miller is a great coaching prospect. I think he is signed, sealed, and delivered to State too.

I think carolina and/or duke will not open themselves up to a full coaching search because of misguiding notions of keeping it in the family. If you think Wojo/Collins and Hubert are elite coaches, then they will be fine. I tend to disagree.

Archie Miller isn't a prospect. He is an established coach who has been to the Elite 8, is under contract through 2023 at over $1 mil per year, and is at a place school where he can make the tournament every year. It isn't a lock that he will leave, and if he does it may not be for State. That place is a shitshow. The talk for years has been that he wants the tOSU job.

Forget Archie Miller, we should be worried about Wes Miller going to State

Archie Miller isn't a prospect. He is an established coach who has been to the Elite 8, is under contract through 2023 at over $1 mil per year, and is at a place school where he can make the tournament every year. It isn't a lock that he will leave, and if he does it may not be for State. That place is a shitshow. The talk for years has been that he wants the tOSU job.

"Archie Miller isn't a prospect." :bowrofl::laugh::laugh::rofl::rofl:

In 2&2's world it's more likely that Archie will wait for Matta to leave O$U rather than take the State job. :rofl::rofl:

It is that funny and that ridiculous. Archie is a State guy and will get offered about 3X his current salary and lots of perks.

Thad Matta is only 49 and not going anywhere.

Each part of what 2&2 said is hilarious and without any merit.

This is exactly what happened at Alabama (perhaps minus a few co-eds?) and State fans are surprised, why?

Well he's allegedly banged Chris Corchiani's wife along with the significant others of a couple more boosters. So there's that.

Back