• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sources are saying State will fire Gott at end of year.

That's assuming that Wichita State doesn't counter at $3-3.5M.

It's not worth it to him to go to State or Wake.

In your opinion. He's not going to stay at Wichita State forever, he's got too big of an ego. Maybe he wants to go to an ACC program immediately and see if he's as good as K, Roy etc before they retire. State fans are hoping that's the case, most of college basketball is guessing it's not. Does r hurt to try.

It would be more logical to wait a couple of years to wait for K, Roy, Boeheim and maybe even Pitino to leave.

He might stay in Wichita forever. He'll get lots more wins there. Hell, he could make the HOF from there.

State's got a really tough sell.

Last edited:
in regard to that news and observer article

Last edited:
The media has sounded like trump so far on this. The job is so bad that NCSU can't hire a good coach/what are they doing firing such good coaches like Herb and Gott. Talking out of both sides of their mouth.

The media has sounded like trump so far on this. The job is so bad that NCSU can't hire a good coach/what are they doing firing such good coaches like Herb and Gott. Talking out of both sides of their mouth.

Not really. Media folks probably think Gott beat expectations considering he salvaged Yow's failed search and how poorly Lowe did.

Gregg Marshall Makes 3.3 million per year now. Cross him off your list. Alabama and others have already tried backing up the Brink's truck for him. He may leave eventually but it won't be for State.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ney-what-does-33m-at-wichita-equal-elsewhere/

But he's from just next door in South Carolina, and he went to school in neighboring Virginia. I'll bet it's always been his dream to coach at "home" in the ACC. I'm sure he would give all that money up to coach the Wolpfack

Not really. Media folks probably think Gott beat expectations considering he salvaged Yow's failed search and how poorly Lowe did.

Which is hilarious when guys like Goodman have been talking shit about his coaching since day 1 yet here he is questioning the firing. It's easy to bash but I'll take the local guys on the beat over that national guys who are just driving by with #hottakes.

Which is hilarious when guys like Goodman have been talking shit about his coaching since day 1 yet here he is questioning the firing. It's easy to bash but I'll take the local guys on the beat over that national guys who are just driving by with #hottakes.

what's the deal with Goodman and Gott?

But he's from just next door in South Carolina, and he went to school in neighboring Virginia. I'll bet it's always been his dream to coach at "home" in the ACC. I'm sure he would give all that money up to coach the Wolpfack

If you are State, you have to at least inquire either directly or through back channels. The dude is 53 and probably only has 1 stop left in him but as RJ says, he may stay in Wichita forever as he has it pretty good. I can remember when SC didn't even bother to interview him back when the job was open and they eventually gave it to Frank Martin. It really pissed him off but he is such a douche bag and control freak even the Gamecocks said no thanks. The guy thinks a lot of himself but can obviously coach.

Marshall turned them down when they had to settle for Gott. I imagine as the AD it would be a pride thing to not go running back to a guy who said No a few years ago.

Back