• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread: Acuna #1 by multiple sources

Garcia is back and in the lineup against a RHH. Not Snitpicking but I do not like Game7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Folty threw a gem last night but the pen blew it. 7 innings, 2 hits, 2 walks, 10 Ks.

Braves have a very favorable schedule for the rest of June (18 of 25 @ home). Plus, they currently have a better record than 5 NL teams & play them all this month (18 total games with 15@home).

Unfortunately the ace of our staff is pitching like 2017 Bartolo Colon.

The pitching staff with few exceptions has sucked. Higher payroll than last season but similar results

stat from weekend broadcast
3-20 when scoring less than 4 runs
21-10 when scoring more than 4 runs

Fangraphs posted updated park factor data last week. The Braves new park is, so far, playing as a hitter's park.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/park-factors-and-other-early-season-statcast-fun/

You might not be able to tell from traditional park-factor data, but the new Atlanta ballpark appears to be much more hitter friendly than its predecessor. The fly balls hit by the Braves and their opponents to data haven’t been hit all that hard (“should have” resulted in .301 AVG-.846 SLG to date), but have actually resulted in much more production (.345 AVG-1.008 SLG, 137.9 Fly Ball Park Factor). In all of MLB, almost exactly 15.0% of fly balls hit between 95-100 mph have gone over the wall this season; 22.0% of such flies have done so in this new yard.

Colon throwing batting practice again, gives up 3 in first inning to Phils.

It's too bad Swanson can't face Colon a few times to get him going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the silver linings of an early Bart exit is we get to see a Freeman at bat, even if it is Sam.

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: 2nd place but Freddie goes down

Newcomb excellent in his debut but zero support. Five quality starts in a row. On to Wisler...

Can we take the guy we think is the best player tomorrow? Probably whichever of Wright, Gore, or Lewis is available. Don't try to get cute and bank on a pre-draft agreement with some hurt pitcher at 41, we're not in as good a situation as last year and the guys we wanted to fall didn't.

I would love to land Wright but that doesn't look likely.

Back