• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread: Acuna #1 by multiple sources

People that know more about baseball than me..........what is Flowers doing when he receives the ball? I know framing and all that but it looks like he is quickly moving his glove at the last second to catch the ball. Strange.

Anyway, it was fun to watch Newcomb last night. Makes it look so easy to throw the ball 94.
By the numbers, Flowers has had a remarkable framing year. With Freeman hurt, he's been our best player so far this year.

Uhhhhh if we had anyone but Bartolo pitching we would be above .500.

Dude is probably statistically the worst pitcher in baseball.

Uhhhhh if we had anyone but Bartolo pitching we would be above .500.

Dude is probably statistically the worst pitcher in baseball.

Not "probably." He actually does have the worst ERA in the majors. Several of the major Braves' beat guys said last night would be his last start for us no matter what.

When Colon went to the DL the braves went 13-8.....I'm so thankful he's gone now.

Love what i've seen from Newcomb so far. Hope he keeps it up. Also, see ya later Fat Barto, good riddance!

Think I'll watch the rest of this one.....not sure why....

Ok...I appreciate the insurance runs. We have enough. Now let's move it along bc it's cold and Mike's arm is tightening up.

Well shit. Ump has to give strike 3 there. That was too close in this situation.

Braves playing well right now. If Freeman comes back the way he left we could climb into WC relevancy.

On June 18th the Braves were 12 games outside of the last wildcard spot. Fast forward to today and the Bravos currently sit 6.5 games out of Colorado.

This upcoming week with Houston (2) and at Washington (4) will show us what direction the team is headed for the rest of the season in my opinion. Sitting at 40-41 with six important games this week versus top level competition, should be fun.

6.5 games is still a lot. I hope we don't over-buy at the trade deadline thinking we can make the playoffs. The Rockies, who are severely underrated and the Cubs (who could snap into 2016 form) will be hard to over come.

I don’t see the team adding at the deadline but I doubt we have many pieces to trade away either. Maybe a bullpen arm or two but none of those guys are setting the world on fire.

6.5 games is still a lot. I hope we don't over-buy at the trade deadline thinking we can make the playoffs. The Rockies, who are severely underrated and the Cubs (who could snap into 2016 form) will be hard to over come.

Still a lot of baseball to be played. I actually feel like we have a better chance at the division than a wild card spot (though about a 10% chance for the playoffs overall). We are playing good ball and the Nats are choke artists with a lot of injuries. I also don't expect Zimmerman to keep it up.

Pretty big week as we head into the ASB. We could realistically be 5.5 back of the Nats going into the break, or 9-10 games back.

The next 19 games we play Houston, Gnats, Diamondbacks, Cubs, Dodgers. Tough stretch, shouldn't be buyers if the next 19 become a disaster

Back