• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread: Acuna #1 by multiple sources

Excited to watch tonight's exhibition game with the Yankees to get the first televised glimpse of SunTrust Park. Except now apparently all the roads in Atlanta are even worse than usual since I-85 burned down so no one will be able to get there.

I did a circle around the stadium today at lunch. The actual building itself is done but EVERYTHING around it still looks like hot shit. Like there is construction dirt all over the roads, they were pouring sidewalks this afternoon, and there is all this hastily installed landscaping that looks like a bunch of sad ass Charlie Brown xmas tress on all the hills around the stadium. Also there is no where to park. What a disaster.

Allard and Soroka get very aggressive AA promotions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our bench is hot garbage. There are guys available who would be upgrades over Boni and d'Arnaud. Seriously the Rays just DFA'ed Nick Franklin.

Bethancourt officially made the Padres roster as a reliever and a utility guy. Good for him. Surprisingly it seems like he will be considered as more of an OFer than a 2nd/3rd string catcher. His spring pitching numbers were pretty good. Definitely has a strong arm.

Bethancourt officially made the Padres roster as a reliever and a utility guy. Good for him. Surprisingly it seems like he will be considered as more of an OFer than a 2nd/3rd string catcher. His spring pitching numbers were pretty good. Definitely has a strong arm.

I didn't even realize it was the same guy.

I didn't realize the New Era logo was going to be on the hats this year. Maybe I'm a traditionalist, but wow it looks awful.

Bethancourt is pitching for the Padres now. Not doing too well.

FWIW, Molina with the first ever no-pitch intentional walk of the new era in last night's game.

Didn't take long for the EOF is back talk from spring to look silly.

I regret watching this game.

Oof, first experiment using mlbtv and Chromecast this year and it's ugly... constant buffering. Come on, it's 2017!

That was like a battle of teams trying to lose.

Freeman didn't take a good swing all night and was 0/5 - yet they walk him intentionally to load the bases for a guy with 2 doubles already on the night... Thanks?

Back