• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Happy Teddy Valentine's Day!

Demonbeck

Reaction score
valentine.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He needs to go jump off a cliff. Not why we lost but made the game almost unwatchable.

He needs to go jump off a cliff. Not why we lost but made the game almost unwatchable.

The refs easily spotted Clemson 9 points in the last five minutes with awful officiating. A nine point swing changes the momentum considerably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The travel on Key in the first half when he hadn't moved yet and the foul on BC with 70 seconds left on offense were just flat out incorrect calls. I really don't think it's why we lost at all, but it was really really bad. I said the same thing after the Wake-Miami blowout - the game was almost unwatchable.

The travel on Key in the first half when he hadn't moved yet and the foul on BC with 70 seconds left on offense were just flat out incorrect calls. I really don't think it's why we lost at all, but it was really really bad. I said the same thing after the Wake-Miami blowout - the game was almost unwatchable.

Wake was only down 6 at this point correct? Or am I wrong? Some of the calls I could get over but that call on Crawford I just don't understand.

I'd like to see how many calls, including travelling, he made against each team

The missed goaltending call on Clemson was one of the worst I've seen this year. Refs at this level have to call that

I'm sure I am not the only what the utters "aw shit" as soon as you realize that Valentine is reffing the game. You just know that it is going to be such an erratically officiated game. It's almost guaranteed that there will be some calls that are virtually just made up, and then there will be obvious calls that are missed/not called. It makes no sense that this incompetent clown is still allowed to ref at this level.

It wasn't Valentine that missed this one, but there was the play where a missed Clemson shot was headed out of bounds when a Clemson player hit it and then it went of Van Horn's hand and called Clemson's ball. The only issue was that the Clemson player was clearly out of bounds when he touched the ball. Not a toe on the line or something like that, but at least 18 inches or so out of bounds.

I'm sure I am not the only what the utters "aw shit" as soon as you realize that Valentine is reffing the game. You just know that it is going to be such an erratically officiated game. It's almost guaranteed that there will be some calls that are virtually just made up, and then there will be obvious calls that are missed/not called. It makes no sense that this incompetent clown is still allowed to ref at this level.

Not the only one. I had to watch it late and I gave up and fast forward through most of the second half. He just kills games.

It wasn't Valentine that missed this one, but there was the play where a missed Clemson shot was headed out of bounds when a Clemson player hit it and then it went of Van Horn's hand and called Clemson's ball. The only issue was that the Clemson player was clearly out of bounds when he touched the ball. Not a toe on the line or something like that, but at least 18 inches or so out of bounds.

Official too close to the play to see it unfortunately and that is the one that is usually missed just because of that. The 2 other officials are way out and obviously not even near the line, nor looking at the line [and never ever are they supposed to call a line they do not have responsibilities for--remember the NCAA game last year I believe--it cost that official from advancing in the Tourney]. But yes, it looked like he definitely missed it. You also see a dribbler step on an end-line from time to time and it get missed because the baseline official is normally looking up at bodies for fouls/elbows and such and not down at feet.

To your previous post, you def want TV Teddy at home--he is The Show! His double T was way over the top! By the way he signaled I thought he must have called about 7 T's with as many times as he popped them.

When is the last time you have seen three traveling calls in a half? A game? A year? Other than palming it is the most overlooked violation in the game. Those three traveling calls against us just seemed to take us out of our early rythym and had us thinking about something that was seldom a conscious thought...

And with the second set of Ts, I thought he was calling two techicals on Woods

As soon as the game came on and they said Teddy TV was officiating I knew it was going to be a disaster. He has been a ref for what, 25-30 years? He has got to be ready to hang it up. The hate for him by Indiana fans is epic. He got booted from being a Big 10 ref and now the ACC has to put up with him? Is that right, or is he reffing in the ACC just a little these days and we just got unlucky to get him away from home on Valentine's Day?

Official too close to the play to see it unfortunately and that is the one that is usually missed just because of that. The 2 other officials are way out and obviously not even near the line, nor looking at the line [and never ever are they supposed to call a line they do not have responsibilities for--remember the NCAA game last year I believe--it cost that official from advancing in the Tourney]. But yes, it looked like he definitely missed it. You also see a dribbler step on an end-line from time to time and it get missed because the baseline official is normally looking up at bodies for fouls/elbows and such and not down at feet.

To your previous post, you def want TV Teddy at home--he is The Show! His double T was way over the top! By the way he signaled I thought he must have called about 7 T's with as many times as he popped them.

I said this on the game thread. He signaled four times then took a pause. Right after the pause Woods threw a tiny shove out at some Clemson player and Teddy V started up with the T signal again. I kind of thought we would come back from commercial to learn that Key was gone. Just Teddy being Teddy.

When is the last time you have seen three traveling calls in a half? A game? A year? Other than palming it is the most overlooked violation in the game. Those three traveling calls against us just seemed to take us out of our early rythym and had us thinking about something that was seldom a conscious thought...

And with the second set of Ts, I thought he was calling two techicals on Woods

There was also a palm called on Clemson in the first half. It's not that travels are called infrequently, IMO, it's that the travels called last night were comical. Key got called for a travel within half a second of catching the ball and hadn't even moved one of his feet yet - rewound it about six times and had absolutely no idea what the travel was for. There was another one on JC inside when he posted up that I didn't think was a walk either, but that one was at least closer. He awkwardly shuffled a little as he was collecting the ball, but I didn't really think he had possession of the ball before the whistle got (too quickly) blown.

Back