• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2017-Regional Champs! On to Supers!

Up to 36 in the coaches poll from 53. I thought we would get more bump.

Yet coastal drops 2 spots. It's clear we are gettig zero respect. That is ok though.

There is more pre-season perception bias in the baseball polls than either the football or basketball polls.

A big problem with all polls it's hard to get voters' minds beyond how teams were perceived heading into a season. For every sport, there should be no polls into at least a quarter of each season is played, but polls stoke interest; so, that will never happen.

State was pre-season top 10, and they were still ranked heading into last week after starting the season 6-6 with some awful losses.

Would bet most voters are only marginally aware that WF went 3-1 last week with all 4 games against ranked teams.

Objective measures like RPI are a better tool to measure how teams are playing this season, and thankfully, that is what the seeding committee relies upon to determine who makes the field and where they are seeded.

somehow we dropped 9 spots in the RPI this week. I guess we need to cut back on beating ranked teams and then will begin to see our RPI soar

It's because the RPI doesn't correspond with the polling. State is in the 80's in RPI right now so two wins against them and a loss didn't help ours out. RPI doesn't really matter at this point of the season and if we get to 35 wins it doesn't really matter at all except for some seeding purposes.

It's because the RPI doesn't correspond with the polling. State is in the 80's in RPI right now so two wins against them and a loss didn't help ours out. RPI doesn't really matter at this point of the season and if we get to 35 wins it doesn't really matter at all except for some seeding purposes.

Yep. Also, RPI is negatively impacted when your previous opponents lose.

RPI in college baseball doesn't mean much until you get several series into conference play

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Just win, baby, just win.
Good things will happen.

Last edited:
Apparently the team likes Jersey Mike's, I saw the team filing in there when I was out at lunch here in High Point.

PS: I hoping that I just happened to run into the baseball team at lunch in High Point (yeah I know they're playing HPU this afternoon) is a sign of something good happening tonight.

Last edited:
Apparently the team likes Jersey Mike's, I saw the team filing in there when I was out at lunch here in High Point.

PS: I hoping that I just happened to run into the baseball team at lunch in High Point (yeah I know they're playing HPU this afternoon) is a sign of something good happening tonight.
How did the team look navigating the sub line?

How did the team look navigating the sub line?

You know, I ended up going somewhere else since I needed to be back and I would've still been waiting to order behind all those guys. They certainly looked loose I'll say that.

Ben Breazeale needs to eat at Jersey Mike's before every game. He has two dingers including a granny. WF up 7-3.

Last edited:
He is up to 4 home runs, which would tie him for 60th nationwide and 4th on Wake's team.

extremely windy out there. Anyone else having issues with the feed? It keeps freezing for me every few minutes

Ben Breazeale needs to eat at Jersey Mike's before every game. He has two dingers including a granny. WF up 7-3.

He hit .246 last year and was at .385 before today's game.

Back