• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2017-Regional Champs! On to Supers!

It's funny to read the first few pages of this thread and see the freak out, particularly about the offense. A lot can still happen but it's a long season and what appeared to be weaknesses for us at one point could end up being strengths. Let's enjoy the ride and hopefully it's a special season.

Will they get the game in today? It has rained all night and is still raining this morning....?

Think the rain is supposed to stop before this afternoon.

If only we knew somebody on these boards who does turf management for Durham.

Last night was my first night seeing this team in person. I will admit that I was wrong about the offense to this point of the year. Aiello, Meuller, Steel, have really developed this season. Wake hit the ball hard all night. They missed a few more bombs by inches. Dunshee was really good and Roberts was filthy. Couldn't have been 200 people there. Go Deacs

Roberts has been a great surprise at the back of the bullpen.

There is an argument to be made that Sellers and Johnstone are both having better years than Dunshee so far.

roberts is such an intimidator. i think he's gonna be a draft eligible soph, kind of a bummer.

def nice to see continued contributions from guys like maronpot and steel

Last edited:
Nobody could have seen this offensive performance that Wake has but together this year coming. Will Craig won national POY last year, and we have two or three players that are putting together the type of offensive production he had last season.

We also lost a transfer that is currently leading the nation in batting average in addition to craig and mondou.

roberts is such an intimidator. i think he's gonna be a draft eligible soph, kind of a bummer.

def nice to see continued contributions from guys like maronpot and steel

Get a little Buddhism in your life. Enjoy the moment you are in. You can't control the future.

down 2-0 early due to some pretty bad luck. it's nice being able to have so much confidence in the lineup

3 run Fairchild Tater 3-2

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

We are getting hosed by the umps this game. Third missed call of the game. Now Duke is threatening 2nd and 3rd with no out.

Walks and errors. We have gotten better but they still rear their ugly head sometimes.

One of our more pedestrian batting efforts also. 6 hits.

Wake got 3 walks and then 2 sacf. flys to score 2 runs for a 4-1 lead to bottom of 7th. Let's hold them!

Now 8-1 to bottom of 8th. Still holding 'em.

Last edited:
Duke has done a good job quieting Wake's bats since the 4th inning of yesterday, but walks, hbp and errors have done them in today.

Kudos to Connor Johnstone on a steller pitching effort today.

Back