• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2017-Regional Champs! On to Supers!

Should be a high-scoring affair.

I think we will have to just beat most midweek teams with a bunch of runs. Our middle of the week starters appear to be not good at all.

Haven't kept up with the baseball team yet bc of basketball vibes, but hot damn it looks like we brought the bats this year!

12-8 wake in 6th

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

My gametracker froze and I'm not paying to watch one game when I'm gonna be watching bball in a sec. Guess I'll just follow on twitter.

Gave up 5 in the 1st inning plus and McCarron ran into trouble in the 5th, but relievers did a nice job.

Take 2 of 3 from State, and we should be ranked.

Last edited:
This team right now looks quite a bit better than last year's squad even with the losses. Our offense is more balanced and we have far superior pitching depth. Our pitching isn't great, but it's much better than last year which was a total shoestring staff.

Is Griffin Roberts going to be our closer? 13 Ks/4 BB and 4 hits and 0 earned runs allowed in 9 innings so far this year.

We are up to #16 in RPI. Granted it is still early, but always nice to start out hot. Nice to see us winning mid-week games! Pretty big first ACC series this weekend. State has started out slow, but they are still a really good team.

Craig had 16 home runs in 62 games last year for an average of about a quarter home run a game. Right now through 14 games we have two players with five home runs and one with four.

Craig had 16 home runs in 62 games last year for an average of about a quarter home run a game. Right now through 14 games we have two players with five home runs and one with four.

Great point. It seems silly presently, but I was actually quite worried about the offense coming into the season outside of Sheets and Fairchild. Let's hope we can keep it up.

Great point. It seems silly presently, but I was actually quite worried about the offense coming into the season outside of Sheets and Fairchild. Let's hope we can keep it up.
It seemed reasonable to believe that our offense would take a step back but so far it's much more potent.

It seemed reasonable to believe that our offense would take a step back but so far it's much more potent.

I can't do an in-depth look at the moment, but I'm curious about our K-rate on offense compared to last year when it seemed high. In college baseball it's amazing what just putting the ball in play will do for you with metal bats, and subpar defenses.

How many of you out there remember Larry Sheets, Gavin's dad, who had a few good years for the O's back in the '80s? Very popular player. Not much defense but could sure swing the bat.

Back