• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake/duke Game Thread

Hope we get a chance to see Richard Washington today. He's got to be better than TVH, right?

This same lame WatchESPN halftime show.

I hope we can see the OJ commercial again. Thank heavens for the NBA All-Start game or we'd be hearing about the big NBA game this week-end.

Can JC actually be playing himself into the bottom of the lottery?

If Chaundee is as good as he looks, Keyshawn will be a big beneficiary. Keyshawn won't have to do as much on both ends and could easily become an even better scorer.

I swear to God - if he goes off in the second half, you should be banned for a year.

If he does, then it would be something he has yet to accomplish in his storied college career. Just watched a commercial on WatchESPN concerning how great Giles in in basketball. Had a bunch of excellent high school clips...haha

Just joined the thread. Where's Wilbekin?

Rolled his ankle in practice apparently. No biggie. Childress is much better for this and Wilbekin is a huge liability on D. I'd actually rather see Van Horn defensively.

So Duke is going to go on a 2nd half run and go up by 17 or so, then we will cut it to 6 with 5 minutes to go, then Duke will hit a couple of big shots and win by 12.

Duke is a good team - and when Tatum is hitting pull-up 3's they are a great team.

They had 6 turnovers to our 3. We had 3 steals to their 1. They had to be exceedingly efficient just to tie us. We had a few defensive lapses (Van Horn leaving Kennard on that 3 for example), but Jackson hitting a fade-away 3 out of rhythm, Tatum hitting a 3 with Dinos in his face, Allen's only 3 coming from NBA depth... The quality of the defense was good enough that it should be 47-38 Wake. Good teams hit tough shots in stretches - but it usually doesn't hold up for an entire game.

Kennard and Allen only made 4 buckets combined. Collins and Crawford made 11. We were +6 in shot attempts over Duke (counting free throws).

If we could put that kind of half together on both ends every time out, we'd be a top 20 team easy.

Can absolutely use zone D to pressure outside shooters. A 3-2 is common but 1-3-1 against someone like a Duke seems appropriate. We need a big win...let's go Deacs!!!!

The #1 reason you don't play a zone is outside shooting. The second or third is almost always open against a team that plays a lot of zone. The less you practice zones the more open shots the opposition gets.

Rolled his ankle in practice apparently. No biggie. Childress is much better for this and Wilbekin is a huge liability on D. I'd actually rather see Van Horn defensively.

Not sure how I feel that I hadn't noticed him missing before now

Back