• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Teague/Johnson vs. Crawford/Collins

He should do the process after the season. I think he will likely not get the grades necessary to jump, but maybe a 15% chance he leaves.

that seems about right if he wows a team or the combine

Collins then JJ then Teague then Crawford. JJ was a very good college player but undersized as a 4 in the pros. The trouble with Teague was he went into a serious funk the last 1-2 months of his sophomore year. Still take him over Crawford because he's more explosive, and Crawford doesn't play D.

Collins then JJ then Teague then Crawford. JJ was a very good college player but undersized as a 4 in the pros. The trouble with Teague was he went into a serious funk the last 1-2 months of his sophomore year. Still take him over Crawford because he's more explosive, and Crawford doesn't play D.
JJ is 6'9 with shoes on, has a 7 ft wingspan, and probably outweighs Collins by 25 pounds.

If Johnson had played around the basket like Collins did he would have been an Unstoppable force in college

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

JJ was a great athlete but I don't remember him producing anything like JC on anything like a consistent basis... Am I forgetting?

When JJ came to Wake he was an athletic freak, as you noted. It really took him a while in the pros to figure out how to use that athletic ability to excel at basketball. At Wake, he relied on his athletic prowess to do what he did. Technique came later. It might have been truly amazing if he had had Danny as a coach and paid attention.

JJ was a great athlete but I don't remember him producing anything like JC on anything like a consistent basis... Am I forgetting?
JJ did a lot more than Collins does, and we were loaded in the post with Chas, DWeave, and Woods

"...Ranked second on the team in scoring with 15.0 points per game ... Played an average of 30.5 minutes per game ... Led the Deacons in blocks (48), ranked second in steals (44) and was third in assists (62) ... Shot a team-best 54.2 percent from the field ... Averaged 15.5 points and 8.6 rebounds and shot 55.8 percent in ACC play ... Posted 10 double-doubles on the year to finish with 18 for his career"

What is this "Teague was more willing to pass" nonsense? Crawford is averaging 2 assists more per game than Teague did his sophomore year. He also appears to be peaking at the right time. I'd still take JJ and Teague but it's close.

it's often said but it's ridiculous how young JC is. he is 31 months younger as a soph than JJ was. JC could play 4 years at Wake and never be as old as JJ was when he played for us. Imagine JC in college at 22.

it's often said but it's ridiculous how young JC is. he is 31 months younger as a soph than JJ was. JC could play 4 years at Wake and never be as old as JJ was when he played for us. Imagine JC in college at 22.

It's much more realistic to imagine him as an NBA multi-millionaire at 22 than as a Wake player.

Well it's impossible for him to ever be 22 as a college player, i said that because that was how old JJ was by the end of his soph season.

Well it's impossible for him to ever be 22 as a college player, i said that because that was how old JJ was by the end of his soph season.

Actually there are ways it could happen. One is extremely unlikely (transfer). The other we hope doesn't happen.

[PH]Just imagine how good Teague wouldn't be if he didn't have to split time with a non-ACC caliber player like Ish[/PH]

It's a really interesting question. Teague and Johnson have both made themselves nice careers in the NBA. But as college players, JC is tops. Most consistent production level. His defense isn't as good but he puts himself in very good positions and plays smart.

Teague and JJ ran the break extremely well. They could out run and jump almost anyone in college. Teague in his first 20 or so games his soph year looked unstoppable, then his play dipped when Ish returned.

JJ was physically dominate and had good range, but always made a couple head-scratching plays. If he had a better coach to develop him he could have been unbelievable in college. He was a very good defender which probably didn't get enough credit at the time.

BC could end up having the best college career unless JC stays 1 more year.

When you look at that 08-09 team... wow what a waste of talent. That should have been an almost automatic S16 team and probably would have been under Skip or DM. Hell maybe even [name redacted].

don't be surprised to see Crawford enter the draft this year.

He probably will. And for all the "fuck you" "he shouldn't do that he's not ready" responses you declare for the draft, don't get an agent, and come back once you've received feedback from NBA scouts. Declaring for draft does not mean you're going. He should and probably will declare for the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no reason for Crawford not to wait for a weaker draft.

It's a really interesting question. Teague and Johnson have both made themselves nice careers in the NBA. But as college players, JC is tops. Most consistent production level. His defense isn't as good but he puts himself in very good positions and plays smart.

Teague and JJ ran the break extremely well. They could out run and jump almost anyone in college. Teague in his first 20 or so games his soph year looked unstoppable, then his play dipped when Ish returned.

JJ was physically dominate and had good range, but always made a couple head-scratching plays. If he had a better coach to develop him he could have been unbelievable in college. He was a very good defender which probably didn't get enough credit at the time.

When you look at that 08-09 team... wow what a waste of talent. That should have been an almost automatic S16 team and probably would have been under Skip or DM. Hell maybe even [name redacted].

Haha, no.

Haha, no.
lol prob true. But if anything, he does understand X and Os. I actually saw some analyst praising his defensive coaching recently on a pregame show, which made me chuckle. But yes, an awful recruiter and had no clue about PR or leading a college program.

Or YOU....

Back