• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COLLINS deserves ACCPOY

wfu22fan

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
10 straight 20 point+ games in ACC play. He's the best player in the ACC this year and the best power forward to play at WFU since Rodney Rogers.

Did he tie Skip's record for consecutive 20 point games today or does he have a few more to go?

Not sure. I think Skip's record was 10 during his sophomore season. He was incredible that year.

Did he tie Skip's record for consecutive 20 point games today or does he have a few more to go?

He tied Skip today.

Over the past 5 games 25.4/11.4 65.8% FG

Last 10 games -24.4/10.9 69.2% FG

Last edited:
He's definitely the best big man in the league. It's gonna be Kennard though.

He's definitely the best big man in the league. It's gonna be Kennard though.

Wake just hasn't won enough for JC to get ACC POY. Its gonna be the best player on one of the top four teams.

This is also a result of Collins being not thought about much in the off season, and his rocket like rise in performance vs his play last season, and even his play from early this season to this string of 20+ points in each of the last 10 games. He is really trying to carry Wake here in the second half of this season.

Who would be on the first team?

I think he will make it but there is no guarantee. You know Kennard is gonna make it. Dennis Smith has to make it. Then you have Bonzie from ND, Young from Pitt, Mitchell from Louisville. And, you'd think someone from UNC and/or UVA would make it. Then you have Bacon from FSU and Blossomgame from Clemson. And i am sure I am forgetting people.

I'm happy and sad at the same time. Hopefully this is the beginning of the Manning to NBA route that a lot of players take. Also, fuck Giles. I've never seen a player talk at such a high rate compared to what he did (or didn't do) on the court. I hope he somehow ends up on the 76ers and we never hear from him again.

On the scoring list in the ACC, JC is #7. You have to go all the way down to #28 on the list to find someone who plays as few minutes per game as he does.

I think he will make it but there is no guarantee. You know Kennard is gonna make it. Dennis Smith has to make it. Then you have Bonzie from ND, Young from Pitt, Mitchell from Louisville. And, you'd think someone from UNC and/or UVA would make it. Then you have Bacon from FSU and Blossomgame from Clemson. And i am sure I am forgetting people.

I don't see how DSJ or Young make it. Kennard, Bonzie, Mitchell, JC should be locks. Then it comes down to one of Perrantes, Jackson, etc. If JC doesn't make 1st team it's a joke.

I don't see how DSJ or Young make it. Kennard, Bonzie, Mitchell, JC should be locks. Then it comes down to one of Perrantes, Jackson, etc. If JC doesn't make 1st team it's a joke.

Jackson is a lock and a strong candidate for POY, especially if UNC wins the conference. Right now UVA has 20. Jackson has 18!

On the scoring list in the ACC, JC is #7. You have to go all the way down to #28 on the list to find someone who plays as few minutes per game as he does.

He had two bad games related to foul trouble early in the ACC season. His 10 game streak has been remarkable and is likely to continue.

It's a shame Crawford probably won't make All-ACC. He's averaging 16.9 pts, 5 ast, 2:1 ast:to in ACC play.

Back