• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COLLINS deserves ACCPOY

And Ph is right about Crawford. All my UNC fans friends rave about their point guard yet he isn't ranked as high as Crawford is several conference stats. Just wish we could see Crawford, Collins, and Brown play together next year.

Throw in Woods and an improving Chill, and we could be very good next year. Sigh.

I just saw where Collins got ACC player of the week, which says a lot considering both games were losses. He deserves better than what this team is doing.

I honestly think Arians has done what we've asked of him but he has no place starting for a NCAAT team. I really hate to be the guy to single out a player but swapping Arians for Chaundee would have been the difference in 3-4 ACC games this year. He is so weak at almost every facet of the game aside from FT% and 3 point shooting. We just can't expect a mid-major athlete to come in and lock down anyone in this league.

Shit...wrong thread.. but point stands..

Collins DOES deserve better and if he hangs around one more year, we will have the talent to make a run at conference.

I just saw where Collins got ACC player of the week, which says a lot considering both games were losses. He deserves better than what this team is doing.

His stats for those games were extremely impressive and both were on the road. The most points by an opposing player in Cameron since something like 2007.

If JC averages 25 and 10 over the last 3 games, he SHOULD be a lock. But the Dook media will give it to Kennard.

Dook media isn't going to decide ACC all conference or POY.....read the other thread about the changes.
This is a good thing.

Colson
Collins
Kennard
Jackson
Mitchell

Would be my All-ACC team

If it's anyone other than those five then the new panel will have gotten it wrong.

All 5 of those guys are deserving (well, maybe not Donovan Mitchell as much but UofL has been very good and he's a part of that for sure), but I'm going to be a bit pissed if Ben Lammers doesn't get a bunch of votes and maybe break into that group. He's having an absolutely monster season - 15.0ppg, 9.3rpg, 2.1apg, 3.4bpg - and is in the top 5 in the ACC in FG% and RPG while leading the league (and is 2nd nationally) in BPG. He's anchoring a top 10 national defense while playing a huge number of minutes and along with Josh Okogie is basically the only guy on the team who can consistently score as well. He and Okogie have basically carried an absolutely depleted roster to 7 ACC wins so far, which is astonishing. GT's starting PG is shooting .309 for the season. The starting PF is shooting .352. There is no bench - Lammers literally doesn't have a backup and basically has to iron man it every night out.

He had his worst game of the season against WFU (in large part due to early foul trouble) and I doubt many on this board have watched him otherwise, but he's been a freaking stud night in and night out carrying a team waaaaaaay above where they should be in terms of results. My guess is he'll end up on the 2nd team, but he absolutely wouldn't be out of place on the 1st team and I hope he gets plenty of votes for it.

I'm guessing Lammers makes second team All-ACC. He's a pretty damn good player.

Second team will be strong too:

Bacon
Lammers
Tatum
Berry
DSJ

That leaves out Perrantes, Lydon, and Allen too. Insane how much talent there is.

Not that insane. There's 15 teams. That's almost twice as many as when I was growing up and All-ACC teams were stacked back then too. They really should go to 4 teams now.

I think Lammers problem is that even though he's been a beast, he's grouped in with Collins and Colson who are both having absolutely insane seasons as well.

Colson
Collins
Kennard
Jackson
Mitchell

Would be my All-ACC team

Agreed. Even with the wild season, I think these five are the most deserving. DSJ/Lammers/Bacon will be 6/7/8 in some order.

Kennard as ACCPOY. If the award were fashioned as an MVP, I think Collins or Lammers would deserve it.

Agreed. Even with the wild season, I think these five are the most deserving. DSJ/Lammers/Bacon will be 6/7/8 in some order.

Kennard as ACCPOY. If the award were fashioned as an MVP, I think Collins or Lammers would deserve it.

Players on teams that don't win that much rarely win MVP's, however you fashion them.

Sucks that Wake's collapse at home vs dook while making Kennard look all-world helped garnish him ACCPOY. :(

If COLLINS finishes strong with 3 games similar to Clemson and Duke, that will give him 2 more ACCPOW, giving him 4 for the year and probably taking him to the leading scorer in conference games and leading rebounder. When was the last time a player led the ACC in scoring and rebounding and didn't win ACCPOY? Rod Griffin in 77-78, when he had already won it in 76-77 and it was given to Phil Ford.

Collins would need three 30/14 games to finish with a 20/10 average overall and in conference.

Back