• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Offseason Discussion

Better than last week. I like that young defensive players are making the stat sheet.

Really nice video "Reliving the Military Bowl" on the Wake site.

Our guys all look and sound like sharp, class acts. I think Clawson is crafting a great program identity that will make the Wake football experience very appealing to players/recruits and their families. Good stuff.

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/032817aaa.html

One stat that was not much to be liked was that Hinton only attempted 7 passes in four series. And no mention of his rushing. So, it sounds like he is still a work in progress with respect to playing QB after his injury.

Does anyone know if the Spring game will be on ESPN3 like it was last year?

Really nice video "Reliving the Military Bowl" on the Wake site.

Our guys all look and sound like sharp, class acts. I think Clawson is crafting a great program identity that will make the Wake football experience very appealing to players/recruits and their families. Good stuff.

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/032817aaa.html

Really good video. Well done. Enjoyed watching the game highlights again and agree that our players are a notch or two above most others.
Fun to see them so excited as well. Looks like some great chemistry going into the next season.

So will we be able to watch those moves on ESPN3 this weekend or is not televised?

Apparently not. In their website notice of the game, no online watching options, or even radio or social media, are listed. Thanks Elrod.

Thanks.

I also saw on the official website something along the lines of "cannot take pictures or videos during the spring game." They could announce that every spring game, but I thought that stood out.

Wake Football Offseason Discussion Thread

I just assumed it was going to be on ESPN3 and was planning to watch it.

That Beal shake was nice. Made the defender stumble 5 yards backward before recovering.

Last edited:
It's been televised in the past under Grobe who didn't use teams and had similar point system games. Clawson was the first time we'd had actual Spring Games in a long time.

Yeah didn't think this was THE reason but contributing to a culmination of other and bigger factors. Also just wanted to share that they will be doing the point system.

A team coming off of a bowl-winning/winning season won't have their spring game televised sucks. But I get why Clawson is protective if that's the case.

Back