• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Offseason Discussion

I like having Pace and Robbins as the Honorary coaches......keep the links to our former stars and pros

https://twitter.com/wf_fbrecruiting/status/848881580814807041

Everyone go check this video out. Specifically the last run by Christian Beal.... from reports and seeing that, I'm pretty confident he will play this year. Insane shiftiness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just assumed it was going to be on ESPN3 and was planning to watch it.

That Beal shake was nice. Made the defender stumble 5 yards backward before recovering.

was that bassey he shook?

Glad to see Calvin back and involved. Was out with him a few years ago in NYC and he said he was not in contact with the school at all and never came back.

Trio of Deacs Named to NFF Hampshire Honor Society

By Wake Forest Athletic Communications (@WakeFB)

IRVING, Texas – Three members of the 2016 Wake Forest football team, Ryan Janvion, Ali Lamot and Josh Okonye, were recognized by the National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame as being members of the 2017 NFF Hampshire Honor Society.

The society, which is comprised of college football players from all divisions of play who maintained a cumulative 3.2 GPA or better throughout their college careers, recognized 1,089 players from 297 schools, both new single-year records in the history of the program.

Lamot, a native Mebane, North Carolina, appeared in six games for the Demon Deacons this past season, primarily on special teams. A mathematical business major, Lamot is set to graduate in May and holds a 3.642 GPA in the classroom.

Janvion was a finalist for the National Football Foundation and College Football Hall of Fame’s Campbell Trophy, which goes to the nation’s top football scholar-athlete. As such, he was named one of the NFF’s National Scholar-Athletes and winner of one of its coveted post-graduate scholarships. Janvion is one of three players on the All-ACC Academic team to garner the award all four years. On the field, the Pembroke Pines, Florida native was a four-year starter who helped this year's Demon Deacon squad earn bowl eligibility for the first time since 2011. Despite missing two games due to injury, he ranked sixth on the team in tackles with 46. He intercepted one pass and recovered a fumble during the 2016 season. He graduated this past semester with a 3.52 GPA in business and enterprise management and plans to pursue his MBA.

Okonye appeared in 37 career games for the Demon Deacons, registering 65 tackles during his time at Wake Forest. During this past season, the Sugar Land, Texas native registered a career-high 12 tackles (five solo) against Clemson. The defensive back was recognized as a CoSIDA Academic All-District honoree while carrying a 3.30 GPA in health and exercise science.

The Demon Deacons return to action on Saturday, April 8, for the annual Spring Game. Kickoff at BB&T Field is set for 3 p.m.

Wow. Nice work, guys.

Ali Lamot is really damn smart. Talked to him briefly a year or so ago walking across campus and he was one of the more engaging young people I've talked to in a while. Very impressive person.

Ali Lamot is really damn smart. Talked to him briefly a year or so ago walking across campus and he was one of the more engaging young people I've talked to in a while. Very impressive person.

I heard his brother is a good player who we should take a look at.

Very impressive.
Not sure what these guys have planned for later in life, but I'll be they're successful at whatever they choose

Glad to see Calvin back and involved. Was out with him a few years ago in NYC and he said he was not in contact with the school at all and never came back.

Clawson has made a big effort to engage former players. When first hired he had several conference calls with the former players about engaging with the program and seeking their input.

Reunion weekend is this weekend for the Spring Game.

Do we know if anyone is out for the spring game Saturday? Excited to see Jamie Newman live

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we know if anyone is out for the spring game Saturday? Excited to see Jamie Newman live

From Dan's article: The list of players recovering from injuries sustained either during the season or since spring practices began includes safety Cameron Glenn, running back Arkeem Byrd, wide receiver Cortez Lewis, running back Isaiah Robinson, running back Tyler Bell, linebacker Jacquez Williams and cornerback Thomas Dillon.

Will we be able to atleast listen to the spring game? Gameday app?

So did they confiscate all mobile devices at the gate?

Wolford actually looks good. Hinton looks rusty. Kearns spinning it nicely. Haven't seen much one way or another from Newman.

Kamara killing it on DL. Hines, Chuck, and Dortch look nice. Playing with a lot of pace.

Beal looks fast. Had a bad drop early but has been okay. Nothing out of the ordinary from Colburn or Carney.

Oh and that big OL that committed a little while ago from SC I think is enormous. NFW he's 305.

Haha! No, but they do have security walking thru the stands.

Pretty nuts that the game started with KO return TD and nobody posted it here. Had to rely on the official Twitter.

Back