• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Offseason Discussion

Don't worry, we'll get a back-up grad transfer CB from school like ... Purdue

Good stuff. I love that he's focusing on the 1-5 finish as a missed opportunity.

I think benzinger and Gilliam will be solid replacements at guard. Seems like the Oh-line is looking like Haynes, Herron, Benzinger, Gilliam, and Terry

Cool that they got rings but WF on the ring face would have been better than the Deacon head. But maybe that's what the players wanted so fuck me.

Let's not forget Ryan Anderson. I think he will start at tackle or maybe return to where he started at center

Forgot about Anderson, duh. Our Oh-line might be in better shape then I thought considering we lost Harris and Hayworth.

I read that the Spring Game on April 8 will kickoff at 3pm. I know the date has been out there for a while, but that was the first time I had seen the time.

Also love that he's changing things that need to be changed.

But did he really? Most of the coaching changes this off season were because of necessity. His D coordinator left and so did position coaches. The only change he made voluntarily was removing Schieir as special teams coach.

The D was strong last season. The O was not so good. O coaches stand pat, D gets major shake up. Let's see how the changes affect that.

But did he really? Most of the coaching changes this off season were because of necessity. His D coordinator left and so did position coaches. The only change he made voluntarily was removing Schieir as special teams coach.

The D was strong last season. The O was not so good. O coaches stand pat, D gets major shake up. Let's see how the changes affect that.

Removing Scheier is a pretty radical shift from the previous status quo. He's also changing up how he's distributing reps this spring. And he's getting CHUCKY Wade on the field. Pretty significant changes.

They probably have the WF logo on their school rings so the deacon head is a nice change of pace.

If they like it and it motivates them to go bowling that's all that matters! :thumbsup:

Removing Scheier is a pretty radical shift from the previous status quo. He's also changing up how he's distributing reps this spring. And he's getting CHUCKY Wade on the field. Pretty significant changes.

Exactly. I'm guessing the main reasons Ruggeiro is still the OC are the Elrod scandal, the offensive explosion in the Military Bowl, and Clawson didn't want to replace all three coordinators in the same offseason.

Back