• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Offseason Discussion

It has been the same problem for the past decade. We need a quality OL. The RBs and QBs struggle because of the OL more than anything else.

It has been the same problem for the past decade. We need a quality OL. The RBs and QBs struggle because of the OL more than anything else.

Isn't there some four star fourth year junior lineman buried on the bench at somewhere like Alabama who would like to come to Wake and start?

Wake Football Offseason Discussion Thread

This was Hinton's first live game action since his injury, it's not surprising that he didn't throw the ball all that well. I'm on the #JamieNewmanbandwagon but there is a slim-to-none chance he'll be our starter, and that's fine. We have two capable quarterbacks who can do what needs to be done to get us to a bowl game (and win that bowl game).

EDIT: to clarify that by #JamieNewmanBandwagon I mean I think he's going to be an absolute stud for us but I don't know when that will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Interesting note there that Byrd may be out for the Spring Game.

I really hope not, but Byrd so far has seemed like the exact same chain of events that led to Rocky Reid underachieving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the little I know of Byrd, particularly his high school clips coupled with what has been written about him, it has been my hope that he would be THE BACK that will combine strength, agility and break away speed. A Josh Harris who actually runs over people as well as past people.

If he is unable to see the field that would be bitterly disappointing.

Even without him, however, the RB position seems stronger than at any time since Grobe earliest years.

From the little I know of Byrd, particularly his high school clips coupled with what has been written about him, it has been my hope that he would be THE BACK that will combine strength, agility and break away speed. A Josh Harris who actually runs over people as well as past people.

If he is unable to see the field that would be bitterly disappointing.

Even without him, however, the RB position seems stronger than at any time since Grobe earliest years.

He's got a mild shoulder injury not requiring surgery. One or two weeks. Why would you say "f he is unable to see the field that would be bitterly disappointing"?

He's got a mild shoulder injury not requiring surgery. One or two weeks. Why would you say "f he is unable to see the field that would be bitterly disappointing"?

Because that would be "bitterly disappointing"!

I do expect him to play; but then I have expected Hinton to play much more than he has to this point.

But you're inflating the seriousness of his "injury". There is no sense that he will miss Fall camp or any of the season. I'm just not following your choice of words.

I really hope not, but Byrd so far has seemed like the exact same chain of events that led to Rocky Reid underachieving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[

Totally agree....when i first heard about his injury i thought about Rocky Reid....whether it be shoulder, knee or high ankle sprains, they are nagging injuries that takes time to heal which will dropkick him on the depth chart..i hope for the best...dont think he's been near 100% since being here...young man has alot of talent...

Back