• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Offseason Discussion

By that criteria, Wolford won by a mile both with his passing and running in the spring game. I was encouraged by Hinton's movement in the game, escaping from a sure sack by quick, shifty moves on his third series. Even more impressive given the flag football rules for sacking the QB. But his passing... Woof. He bounced a pass about 15 yards short on a bubble screen to the right.

Well, due to Hinton's injury, even if he slides back to no. 2 he'll still have two more years after Wolford graduates to be the lead dog, assuming he's not challenged seriously by the other QBs.

Criticize if you want, but at this stage I think not only should Wolford start but also Kearns deserves a shot as the back-up.

Clawson said Hinton suffered an injury this week but still played. It's weird to see him making excuses for Hinton over Wolford instead of the other way around.

I'm shocked that Kearns isn't transferring. But I'm glad. I like his potential. He clearly throws a better ball than Hinton and Wolford.

I guess people forget what Hinton can do in game situations when he is healthy.

Criticize if you want, but at this stage I think not only should Wolford start but also Kearns deserves a shot as the back-up.

I agree with this. Wolford moved the offense with ease yesterday and made the necessary throws. Hinton missed a wide open deep ball and also skipped the aforementioned screen pass.

Well, due to Hinton's injury, even if he slides back to no. 2 he'll still have two more years after Wolford graduates to be the lead dog, assuming he's not challenged seriously by the other QBs.

Based on yesterday, Hinton is #3.

Based on yesterday, Hinton is #3.

Well, let's not forget that when our offense was moribund through our first few games last season, it was Hinton who got it going. He's been out almost a full season and a few months since he last played. Claw said he had some injury too but needed reps.

It doesn't matter if Hinton is never healthy. He has shown more potential.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Totally agree....Kearns has a strong arm and throws accurately...needs to work on his touch somewhat...obviously, john has had the best spring..

Nobody cares that our best receiver yesterday was the walk-on. Fact is he caught everything throw to him and fact is a walking caught four touchdowns against Alabama in the last two title games. Give the kid credit for stepping up.

Against the better teams that pressure the quarterback we have little chance with Wolford so hopefully we can keep them both healthy.

Well, let's not forget that when our offense was moribund through our first few games last season, it was Hinton who got it going. He's been out almost a full season and a few months since he last played. Claw said he had some injury too but needed reps.

Not forgetting that at all. But yesterday Wolford and Kearns were the only QB's who could move the team down the field.

He may have just gotten the pic from somewhere else.

Back