• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Offseason Discussion

Some predicted that he would transfer, and I guess those that did were correct even if his position on the depth chart turned out not to be the deciding factor.

WF remains relatively deep at QB, but both Hinton and Wolford are small an injury prone. Hope Newman has a productive Summer as WF's 3rd QB is likely to get meaningful snaps again in 2017.

Scholarship QBs
Sr Wolford
Jr Hinton
rFr Newman
Fr Bowers
HS Hartman

That's what happens when you have surplus players at one position.

I would hope that the dismissal worthy offenses would be the same no matter who the player is, nor what his position is, nor how deep Wake is at the position. "Dismissed from the team due to a violation of team rules" should not be a method of balancing team roster. It should be only for what it is at face value.

Team rosters can be balanced in other ways.

That's what happens when you have surplus players at one position.

I would hope that the dismissal worthy offenses would be the same no matter who the player is, nor what his position is, nor how deep Wake is at the position. "Dismissed from the team due to a violation of team rules" should not be a method of balancing team roster. It should be only for what it is at face value.

Team rosters can be balanced in other ways.

yea idk what mebane is talking about

No. Again, dismissal worthy offenses should be blind to who the player is and what position he plays.

I agree and was mostly being facetious in my earlier post. Hopefully this does not happen at Wake.

However, why could he not earn his way back onto the team? We have allowed other players to do so, if I remember correctly?

If so, he should be able to earn his way back onto the team, right?

Very surprising that someone who had his character built by playing high school football was unable to keep himself from getting kicked off the team. Hopefully military service can straighten him out.

I agree and was mostly being facetious in my earlier post. Hopefully this does not happen at Wake.

However, why could he not earn his way back onto the team? We have allowed other players to do so, if I remember correctly?

IIR, players that earned their way back on the team were suspended, not dismissed. Dismissal has the tone of permanence. I do need to go back and look at the Stewart saga to see what words were used to describe his situation at different times.

IIR, players that earned their way back on the team were suspended, not dismissed. Dismissal has the tone of permanence. I do need to go back and look at the Stewart saga to see what words were used to describe his situation at different times.

You may be correct. If so, the offense must have been severe.

Does this mean we now have a scholarship for Ali Lamot's brother?

Kearn's dismissal is listed in the WF Sports news archives. Others are not.

Kearn's dismissal is listed in the WF Sports news archives. Others are not.

Could you imagine going home and trying to explain something like this to your parents? Hope he gets straightened out. $250k education up in smoke along with the weed.

Could you imagine going home and trying to explain something like this to your parents? Hope he gets straightened out. $250k education up in smoke along with the weed.

do we really boot kids for getting caught smoking weed one time? i thought people got suspended first, and i seem to recall that happening to a few players in the past. had kearns been suspended previously?

do we really boot kids for getting caught smoking weed one time? i thought people got suspended first, and i seem to recall that happening to a few players in the past. had kearns been suspended previously?

Yeah, it can't be weed. Must have been pretty substantial whatever it was.

Dismissing someone for smoking weed in the offseason is fucking ridiculous. I assume you guys are sure about that. Colorado is going to build some powerhouse teams. We will never get rid of remnants of the failed war on drugs. Fucking dumb.

Back