• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Offseason Discussion

When do the freshmen arrive for summer school?

Are the players still doing both sessions of summer school this year?

Most if not all of the returning players have been on campus since the beginning of Summer I. Being a college football player at this level is like having a year round job. I often see the players going over to McCreary field house to hit the weights.

The weight room is a great place for them to spend their 'spare' time.
Really looking forward to practice starting and getting regular updates

Nothing exciting, but the Indy Star said Wake was ND's 4th easiest game. One spot behind UNC and two behind NCSU

Lolz at @Micigan State being their 4th hardest game.

I really hope ND can give us another year of 4-8 memes.

Our only hope is that they are looking ahead to going down to Miami.

Ryan Anderson is on the Remington award watch list. Great for him.

But that raises a couple of questions.

1) the official site says he is expected to be our Center this year, I thought he was our best RT so much to the point that we moved Phil Haynes to LG

2) Wouldn't a strong RT be more beneficial to the Line than a strong C?

3) Alique Terry was elected captain this season. That could be because of his attitude but it seems that most captains play, especially a Captain at C

Butter -

What renovations did ND do to its stadium?

Construction on basically 3 Deacon Towers on steroids ( 1 endzone + 2 on each side ) was well underway when we attended the Wake-ND game 2 years ago. These massive buildings are mostly academic oriented but top floors are geared to club seating stuff. The endzone building will have a large video board like ours. They say these structures will add between 4 to 6,000 folks increasing stadium capacity to +- 85,000. The 1 endzone ( famous team entrance tunnel end ) will remain as is to preserve the view of Touchdown Jesus:)

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/07/05/freaks-list-workout-warriors-2017

Chris-Jericho-2017.jpg

Duke Ejiofor, you just made the list!

Pretty sure #32 will never be able to father children though.

Actually the entire team has that attitude because Clawson instilled it in them. You have been trying hard I'll give you that, but you're formulating your argument terribly.

For starters, it was said by a few people including myself that maybe Durant didn't want to come because of current RB's on the roster. That is not an indictment on wake forest - that's taking a guess at a reason why a high school kid may have not chosen us (which, surprise! High school recruiting can be extremely unpredictable). If you're wanting to peg the reason for him not committing on Wake as a school compared to Duke, that seems more LOWF than anything, no? Nonetheless, it seems we're in good position with another (better) running back out of Georgia who holds a unc offer.

Second, you're cherry picking recruits as examples. People who choose another school over wake are automatically an example, but people who choose wake over one of the other NC ACC schools don't count because it's not a hat picking? If a recruits holds a committable offer from another school and they choose wake they are choosing us over that school - it's not rocket science. And before you do it, don't claim to know which recruits offers were and were not committable because you don't.

If you're only trying to say LOWF as an ideology sucks, I agree with you. You're examples are pretty terrible though.

Back