• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

all acc voting changes

Hard to complain about that. A disproportionate number of the ACSMA members are concentrated in Virginia and the Carolinas and with each member getting one vote, it's not hard to see that the results could be skewed from subconscious bias that happens when you see certain players a lot more than you see others.

The solution, which still gives the media half of the votes (or 3/4 if you count the radio guys), seems fair.

There is a self-fulfilling prophecy about making All-ACC lists with UNC and Duke players. It also gave the voting writers something to write about. Vote in local heroes; easy and popular article follows.

I hope All-ACC goes something like this (the top 5 in league scoring)

1.Michael Young, Pitt.......20.22 PPG
2.Luke Kennard, Duke.....19.96 PPG
3.Jamel Artis, Pitt..........19.58 PPG
4.Jerome Robinson, BC...19.11 PPG
5.John Collins, WFU........18.96 PPG

People would object having two Panthers in there, but if two Tarheels or Blue Devils were in the top 5 scoring... well, you get my point.

Last edited:
There is a self-fulfilling prophecy about making All-ACC lists with UNC and Duke players. It also gave the voting writers something to write about. Vote in local heroes; easy and popular article follows.

Similar to the crap in Sunday's N&O about how Duke won because of Amile Jefferson, even though he was primarily responsible for defending John Collins who scored 31. Headline really made no sense to me. Should have said "Duke won in spite of Jefferson, holding on thanks to a couple of the "no calls" against the visiting team which are so prevalent in Cameron." Well maybe that would have been too long of a title.

Wonder who gets our two outside votes - two WSJ guys? Strelow and Collins? No idea.

As of today first-team All-ACC of seems pretty straightforward to me:

Colson
Collins
Jackson
Kennard
Mitchell

Back