• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SportsCenter with Michael and Jemele SC6

all they have to do is get all the people who cut the cord to stop sharing WatchESPN log-ins and pay through post-cable packages like Vue and Sling.

eventually the live sporting rights bubble will catch up to postcable reality and those fees are going to crash as the massive built-in user base of cable subscribers is gone, so no one will be able to bid 3 billion for Tuesday Night Pac-12 action!

They're both likable enough, but that show sucks. They both have to know that this whole thing is going to completely fall apart.

They're both likable enough, but that show sucks. They both have to know that this whole thing is going to completely fall apart.

Yeah, they're not the problem individually - just a boring combo. Whoever came up with this concept should be fired

Thought I saw ratings were up.

I didn't think it was a bad idea overall, but do agree that the model isn't really necessary any more with sports content out there almost immediately 24/7.

:noidea:

I enjoy PTI on days I get home around 5:30. I'd usually watch Sportscenter at 6:00 just to get the day's top stories if I missed PTI. Did I expect to be wowed and super entertained by 6:00 Sportscenter? No. Just something to watch for 15 minutes.

I agree Michael and Jemele are awful. I no longer watch at 6:00.

I listened to SVP and Russilo regularly so I do enjoy SVPs 11:00 SC.

The 6 is absolutely unwatchable. It's the ultimate embodiment of ESPN these days and Michael and Jemele are the worst. I used to not mind Michael as much but once they started that His and hers shit show he went downhill. What a joke sportscenter has become besides svp.

Every Sportscenter until the late night versions is unwatchable. The morning (8am) version is just memes and the anchors trying to crack jokes. There could be at least a dozen great games to pull for highlights, but they'd rather show a little kid falling into a pool or Charles Barkley golfing.

About 30% of the time Hill looks like she just came off a 4 day roxy and booze bender. Also, her hair choices are questionable at best.

I think the only show I watch on there still is SVP's Sportscenter.

they already have everything on demand through the WatchESPN platform.

The problem is they don't - at least not on my Roku's WatchESPN - because I look often. Sometimes they're buried, but often they just don't exist. Maybe it's a contract thing, but they only show the NBA highlights from the games they televised. The rest I have to get from the NBA app. College basketball games are hopeless.

The problem is they don't - at least not on my Roku's WatchESPN - because I look often. Sometimes they're buried, but often they just don't exist. Maybe it's a contract thing, but they only show the NBA highlights from the games they televised. The rest I have to get from the NBA app. College basketball games are hopeless.

contract issues probably do exist for highlights at the moment... i don't think NBA or TNT wants to be cannibalized by ESPN for something like 24 hours other than sportscenter in which there is an agreement in place. I don't even think you get highlights from non ESPN games at espn.com during games, but it doesn't ever matter because they're millions of places including instantaneous on twitter.

i think there is also a problem that Roku/Fire/Chromecast all have their own versions of the app, and often they do suck. i've had trouble finding replays of wake games before on the Fire app, but then can immediately find it through a basic search on the laptop web version at watchespn.com.

I enjoy Mike & Mike, Around the Horn and PTI.

I tried to watch it twice. The first time I made it 10 minutes. The second time was two minutes. I'm not trying a third time.

I enjoy Mike & Mike, Around the Horn and PTI.

I try to watch M&M in the morning as I'm eating breakfast, but all they fucking talk about is the NFL. It's goddamn March - there are incredible college basketball games, the NBA and NHL are gearing up for the playoffs, and spring training just started. WHO FUCKING CARES ABOUT THE BEARS QUARTERBACK VACANCY?

/rant

i like Around the Horn and to a lesser extent PTI (they just yell all the time). Sportscenter is fine when having something in the background (i can turn in when something interesting happens) but i don't really watch it. M&M is nice to listen to but watching makes no sense to me, as mentioned above.

Back