• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SportsCenter with Michael and Jemele SC6

Ralph Medlin

Reaction score
Absolutely the worst. Almost unwatchable...

Not sure who wants to come home from work, kick back on the couch and watch another babble fest.

Pisses me off the direction ESPN has gone in a faint effort to remain relevant. I cannot stand any of their programming whatsoever, and when they gave the 6pm slot to these 2 losers I gave up. All of their best personalities have left for fox (except for skip, wish he had stayed because he's the type of tool they like as the face of their company). I miss the days of sports center being a legit evening news style coverage of the goings on in sports.

I can't remember the last time I watched ESPN for something other than a live sporting event or a 30 for 30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really know there is a need for a sportscenter type show now. You can always get better, more targeted content online. Not sure how to appeal to the masses when it's so easy to find exactly what you are looked for.

I like them both just fine. B$ is right though. Time has past most of ESPN's programming by. Once we finally get beyond the cable concept for good, they should pick back up because they want need to fill 24 hours of "original" programming. You just distill down the best stuff to ondemand content and live event broadcasting that consumers can watch whenever they want.

I like them both just fine. B$ is right though. Time has past most of ESPN's programming by. Once we finally get beyond the cable concept for good, they should pick back up because they want need to fill 24 hours of "original" programming. You just distill down the best stuff to ondemand content and live event broadcasting that consumers can watch whenever they want.

If ESPN is going to do 24 hours of original programming, they need to pick up more live international sports and/or scripted programming.

Waiting through an hour highlight show is old school especially across the entire world of sports. They should have an Inside the NBA type show after the college sports programming. Of course that chemistry is hard to duplicate.

They need to fix the app to make sure stories come up quickly when you click on them. I have no idea why they don't have a ticker app to put a scrolling ticker that stays on your screen.

Maybe they are forcing viewers to the other networks in the family... worked on me.

I'd watch buckets and palma if they had a pti west coast show.

If ESPN is going to do 24 hours of original programming, they need to pick up more live international sports and/or scripted programming.

Waiting through an hour highlight show is old school especially across the entire world of sports. They should have an Inside the NBA type show after the college sports programming. Of course that chemistry is hard to duplicate.

They need to fix the app to make sure stories come up quickly when you click on them. I have no idea why they don't have a ticker app to put a scrolling ticker that stays on your screen.

In my opinion, they should just basically go to a video podcast model. Video all their good radio shows (already happening), load up on documentaries, still do the weekly and daily shows that are good, and dial back sportscenter and/or go with a 24 hr news feed. People consume what they want when they want. You want to watch PTI at 4am? Go for it. Play HQ in the office? Sure.

they already have everything on demand through the WatchESPN platform.

they already have everything on demand through the WatchESPN platform.

That's kinda my point. It's better. The whole channel surfing thing is dying. Just like with the radio. Why do I want to wait on what I want when I can just queue it up? Which means ESPN doesn't need to cater to a 24 hour feed on ocho channels.

ESPNNews should be a RedZone Channel during prime time.

At least they have WatchESPN, which means I don't have to leave work to watch games now. I will watch SVP, I'm pretty sure he's still bitter about MD leaving the ACC.

yeah, so they basically have already built the ideal #postcable platform. for the time being they still have hours to fill. they're not gonna shut down shop on all their channels quite yet.

seems like the shift in their non live sports programming is to make niche sportscenters/shows/personalities to attract a smaller but loyal followings because generic content that the station was built on is obsolete.

Agreed. They have the platform but not the revenue stream. ESPN makes up 49% of Disney's total revenue so they've got to make sure they get paid after cable falls apart.

Agreed. They have the platform but not the revenue stream. ESPN makes up 49% of Disney's total revenue so they've got to make sure they get paid after cable falls apart.

Gotta start charging per live game or some sort of extra subscription service.

Back