• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pat Kelsey

Staying at Winthrop. Might owe UMass a million though. OOOOOOOPPPPPPSSSSSSS

Don't know the circumstances and don't want to pass judgment, but really bad form on Kelsey's part. Didn't something similar happen a few years back, not too long after Skip died? I know he was deeply affected by that but I seem to remember he took a leave of absence or something and took a while to get back on his feet. I could see this becoming a problem for him down the road as ADs will worry that he is too emotional/mercurial.

Don't know the circumstances and don't want to pass judgment, but really bad form on Kelsey's part. Didn't something similar happen a few years back, not too long after Skip died? I know he was deeply affected by that but I seem to remember he took a leave of absence or something and took a while to get back on his feet. I could see this becoming a problem for him down the road as ADs will worry that he is too emotional/mercurial.

He quit coaching altogether for a year or two.

Staying at Winthrop. Might owe UMass a million though. OOOOOOOPPPPPPSSSSSSS
Kelsey's salary was raised to $220K this past season. $1M has to be close to, if not more than, all of the money Kelsey has made at Winthrop. Woof. Obviously has to have another job lined up.

...right?

It's not gonna end up being a million dollars.

Was about to post a similar joke off of this tweet:

The one who's a lawyer. The one who started this thread. The one who knows Pat Kelsey.

Life has a way of determining the winners from the losers. I'm betting on Pat. Of course, I'm betting on me more. Of course I am. Good thing.

BTW, x is in the elite 8. What we wouldn't give...

Life has a way of determining the winners from the losers. I'm betting on Pat. Of course, I'm betting on me more. Of course I am. Good thing.

BTW, x is in the elite 8. What we wouldn't give...

Nothing but winning for the donald

I'm betting Mrs. Kelsey arrived in Amherst yesterday and vetoed the deal.

Pat Kelsey: "I realized that at this point in my career Winthrop and Rock Hill is the best place for my family and me."

Back