• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 NBA Draft thread - JC drafted 19th to Atlanta, OUR... Hawks?

Think the math is more complicated than that, as odds of the Lakers being #2 go up once Boston is selecting #1 (Since lakers can't be #1 any more)

Can someone help me out with a discussion I'm having with my dad - what were the odds of the lottery ending up Boston/Los Angeles 1-2 in either order last night? I have what I think is the right answer but curious if anyone can educate us

((250/1001) X (156/(1001-250))) + ((156/1001) X (250/(1001 - 156))) = ~ 9.8%

I think, might want to double check with rj.

Seriously, is drafting Lonzo Ball even worth the headache?

There is no fucking way his imbecile dad won't be all over tv/radio/everything, and then he'll bitch about playing time, etc forever.

At some point he was helping his son by getting his name out there and getting people talking, but he's crossed that hump and is now just a detriment to his son's future if he keeps up with this bullshit.

Would you draft him?

Magic will just ignore him and make sure the local press does the same. Unless Magic wants Levar to get a seat near the court, he won't. Well, unless Levar buys scalped tix.

At some point, Lonzo will have to tell his dad to STFU.

Ball is going to be a good player in the NBA. He might never make to superstardom, but he will be good. Magic seems like the right person to keep his dad in line or see the door. I don't think there are many teams that would be able to do that and LA seems like the right town.

Because I can't stand Levar, I would give about anything for the Lakers to draft someone other than Lonzo.

Lonzo's game reminds me of Steve Nash as he came into the NBA. Nash was - even at the time - a fantastic passer. The great thing about Nash and Lonzo, is that their passes always are so pinpoint and well-timed. Even passes out to the wing - simple passes like that. They always seem to hit the other player perfectly so that they can shoot without having to move or gather the ball to where it needed to be.

Last edited:
The Lakers/Levar/Lonzo crash and burn is going to be so enjoyable the watch. It's the only thing that I'll actually pay attention to when it comes to the NBA.

Going to love it when the Lakers are 9-20, and Lavar is publically killing Lonzo's teammates and coaches everyday. Don't even think Magic will be able to handle that toxicity.

He also has zero personality.

Whenever I see videos of him and his dad, Lonzo always looks miserable and he hates it. I can't imagine any of the Ball kids enjoy the show their dad has created based of their facial expressions in videos.

I always wondered if Lonzo's shot going to play in the NBA - if better, quicker defenders would be able to get their hand in there before he releases it. But, his release is only .02 seconds slower than Klays.

There is one rule every team should adhere to if they get the #1 pick - don't draft anyone whose last name starts with a B. Over the past fifty years here are those who did:

Kent Benson
Kwame Brown
Andrew Bogut
Andrea Bargnani
Anthony Bennett

Only Elton Brand had a good career.

There is one rule every team should adhere to if they get the #1 pick - don't draft anyone whose last name starts with a B. Over the past fifty years here are those who did:

Kent Benson
Kwame Brown
Andrew Bogut
Andrea Bargnani
Anthony Bennett

Only Elton Brand had a good career.

Good thing no #1 draftee with last name of James - could turnout to be a real dbag

yeah they've always been too low looking back at combine results. probably main usefulness is in comparison to other players.

in general i don't think there's a good quick and easy body fat calculation like they would use at the combine, but whatever they've always used it's always spitting out too low of percentages.
Dual energy x-ray absorptiometry is the gold standard for body comp. #diagnosticimaginggeek

Back