• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 NBA Draft thread - JC drafted 19th to Atlanta, OUR... Hawks?

Under the new rules for declaring for the NBA draft and withdrawing, I could see both Collins and Crawford declaring and going through the predraft evaluation process. I would expect Crawford back to Wake with a list of things to work on the next two years. Collins will probably get a good enough evaluation to be gone, but there may be intangible issues that bring him back to Wake for his Jr. season.

If you don't think DSJ has an elite skill/NBA skill I don't know what to tell you. Go watch his game against VT or Duke. It's not his fault he had a bum as a coach and didn't improve as the season went on due to that ineptitude. Hell, DSJs assist rate is higher than Lonzo's.

Smith has some pouty/mental stuff that he didn't deal with well this year but his athleticism, ball handling, court vision, and ability to break down guys off the dribble and get to the rim are really, really impressive. He's built for the NBA, not college.

FOH state fan

Love me some John Collins, but his Wingspan is ridiculously short for not only his height (6'8" wingspan listed on draftexpress), but against the other PFs in this draft. http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2017/

In comparison, Ivan Rabb is also 6'10" but his wingspan is 7'2" Jon Motley is only 6'9" but his wingspan is 7' 3.5" Giles is 7'3" Even Tyler Lyden is just short of 7'0" Leaf's are 6'11" and Swanigan is 7'3.5"

I think this could really be an issue for a lot of teams in the market for a inside 4, which is what Collins is. Obviously, there are any number of undersized PFs who have excelled starting with Charles Barkley, and I don't necessarily think this undermines his chances. I do think he runs the risk of slipping way down the board in the days leading up to the draft. Some of this is obviously wishful thinking, but the issue is real.

That wingspan measurement in from 2013. Curious to see if he's grown a lot. He looks a full 6'10 to me and doesn't seem to have short arms. We'll find out soon enough.

He was also measured at 6'7 without shoes at that camp. No doubt he's taller now.

Best case for us is that measurements/workouts and being 2-3 months removed from a great season will push Collins back down into late first/early second territory.

He hasn't declared yet. I'm sure he will eventually, even if it is to put out feelers, go to the combine, and then decide to return (wishful thinking?).

He has plenty of time to watch things unfold before he has to declare.

I will take your word for it, but on the site he is listed at 6'10" (not 6'7") with a 6'8" wingspan.

that's because height mesurements are updated by college teams every year. college teams don't list wingspan measurements. that wingspan measurement comes from the Nike Elite 100 from 2013, when he measured 6-7 in height.

28clppd.jpg

also btw do not expect JC to measure 6-10 barefoot at the combine. probably 6-8.5 or 6-9. official college and NBA heights are almost always "with shoes" height. dwight howard is 6-9 barefoot.

Ivan Rabb to enter the draft. No plans to back out.

D. Fox really looks the part for me. I might have him 4th behind Ball, Fultz, and Jackson.

Fox is murdering Ball. Ball just doesn't do it for me. Excellent passer, not nearly assertive enough. Really bad defender.

D. Fox really looks the part for me. I might have him 4th behind Ball, Fultz, and Jackson.

Would have a good claim to 1 if he could shoot.

Nova insiders seem to think Brunson is leaning toward testing waters.

Back