• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

March Madness Thread

Not really feeling that usual opening round Thursday high today. That game Tuesday night was a kick in the nuts.

Reactions: ITK
Took Princeton +6.5 and FSU -11.5 so far today.

Looking at Vermont & UF, as well.

Suck a fat one you miserable , old shitbag. Why do you post on this board when you love to hate on your school & blow another miserable old , asshole like bob knight? You are the lowest form of internet trash there is. A guy that loves to hate on his own. I really hope the worst for you.

You really don't know enough about Bob Knight to make it worth my time to even try to have a conversation about him with you. Like most fans, your head has been filled with distorted stories by the media that were just designed to create sensational stories to sell newspapers, magazines & advertising. However, I would just mention a couple of areas where your mental picture of Bob Knight has been distorted by the media and is wildly inaccurate. The first one is this idea that Bob Knight is constantly bitching about officiating all the time....like you do, for example. That is a total myth. Yes, in 40 years of coaching he has had a few run-ins with officials....which have been beaten into the ground by a publicity-seeking media....just like anyone would have in 40 years of coaching. If you would check the facts, however, you would find that in his 29 years at Indiana, Bob Knight regularly ranking among the bottom of Big Ten coaches in technical fouls.

And yes, Knight demanded a lot from his players....which is why they developed the discipline to be able to function in tight game-time situations when less disciplined opposing players folded....and why most of his players have been very successful in life after playing for him. That is why Darryl Thomas had the mental presence of mind to not take a contested 15-foot shot in the 1987 NCAAT championship game with his team one point down and the entire season was on the line. Instead, he remembered what Knight had taught him in practice and found Keith Smart on the baseline, where he calmly made a 10-footer with three seconds left in the game for Knight's 3rd National Championship.

Getting back to the media and how it has been able to warp the perceived picture of Bob Knight with people like you...and many, many others....all you have to do is look at the chair throw. And I emphasize the word "throw" because it only happened one time....and that one time was now more than 32 years ago. And even though it happened only one time 32 years ago, The Media has successfully implanted that one time occurrence into gullible fans' heads over the last three decades so that if you stopped the average person on the street and asked him what he thought of when the name of Bob Knight was mentioned, probably 80% or more of them would respond with something like "Wasn't he the guy who threw chairs?"

I could go on & on, but there is no reason to do so. In the first place, there is nothing I could say that would change your opinion about Bob Knight...and, secondly, I don't really care what your opinion of him is, anyway. Bob Knight isn't perfect, but The Media has painted a very prejudiced picture of him over the years....to serve their own selfish purposes. The Media is very good at that. We see the same thing in the world of politics all the time.

I would just say that if you did happen to be the rare person who sincerely interested in getting a "fair & balanced" picture of Bob Knight that would help offset the very biased one you have been getting from the media all these years, read Joan Mellen's book "Bob Knight: His Own Man". And, by the way, there is an entire chapter in that book devoted to a detailed analysis of all of these sensational Knight stories over the years where The Media only told you one side of what happened.

BKF - I've always been an admirer of Coach Knight...one of the best college coaches in history. Teacher, play at a high level and graduates kids.

That being said his behavior over the past few years is borderline bitter old man. I'm in a position to speak with a lot of people in the media and coaching who would run through a wall for Coach Knight but are now struggling to understand what his motives are.

The way Coach Knight is behaving now has no impact on those who are and have been his critics...they will always dislike him Whats very sad to me is his stubbornness, attitude and arrogance are driving away the very people who have admired him all his life. He's totally erased IU from his life even though all who were there are gone. Past players, assistant coaches and friends have all reached out to him and either get no reply or totally rejected.

For a man to have so much hate in his heart is one of the most tragic things I can imagine and theres no excuse for it. He could still inspire and be a mentor but would rather just be an ass.

Count me as a former admirer who now just feels sorry for him...he'll die a miserable old man.

LOTTA sharp money coming in on Princeton

Ivy League has been a good play in the first round in recent NCAA Tourneys, and Princeton went unbeaten this year. Could be a let-down spot for ND after playing in the ACC Final last Saturday. That said, if ND hits from 3, they can bury almost anyone.

UVA down 12 already :eek:

Can they come back from that with their slowass tempo?

UVA being ranked #37 on offense on KenPom is just baffling to me. They are absolutely terrible every time I watch them play.

KP seems to love a few of the slow paced teams each year. UVA and Wiscy come to mind as always having way higher KP ratings than their human rankings.

Virginia actually getting fouls called on them. I always feel like the ACC refs let them play far more physical defense than other teams (besides Duke) purely based off their reputation of being a good defensive team.

Virginia actually getting fouls called on them. I always feel like the ACC refs let them play far more physical defense than other teams (besides Duke) purely based off their reputation of being a good defensive team.

Pretty sure our buddy Karl Hess is one of the refs.

Looks like a typical UVa game broke out.

Back