• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

March Madness Thread

Pundits seem to love FGCU, but FSU is a bad matchup for them. I think they'll get smoked.

I like the two Tennessee directional schools to advance at least to R32. I like Wichita St. over UK. I'm also eyeballing Iona, given the injury to Boucher for Oregon.

There are also two factors in favor of USC making the S16: 1) the team everyone shits on during Selection Sunday almost always makes a run, and 2) Duke's path gets easier with a USC advance, which means it will absolutely happen.

Pundits seem to love FGCU, but FSU is a bad matchup for them. I think they'll get smoked.

I like the two Tennessee directional schools to advance at least to R32. I like Wichita St. over UK. I'm also eyeballing Iona, given the injury to Boucher for Oregon.

There are also two factors in favor of USC making the S16: 1) the team everyone shits on during Selection Sunday almost always makes a run, and 2) Duke's path gets easier with a USC advance, which means it will absolutely happen.

I am taking South Carolina for 2 reasons. Home game and Marquette is wake forest good on offense and wake forest bad on defense. And South Carolina can actually defend. I see it similar to our game last night.

Not gonna lie - last night's game has removed a significant amount of my enthusiasm for the tourney.

I kinda like Princeton over ND tomorrow. That's one of the few potential upsets the public doesn't seem to be pounding. Not a huge line either -- 6 1/2.

Won't be a huge talent disparity as long as Princeton can contain Colson

General NCAA tourney thoughts:

I like SMU to make the Final Four out of the East. Other than Nova, I feel like every East team has some pretty big flaws. And I can't see Nova getting through a stretch of games like: Wisconsin, UVA/UF, and SMU without a loss.

I am fading Zona... Have them losing their first game (though I don't really expect that to happen). I think they'd get beat by Saint Mary's or FSU.

South is a beast of a region. Flip a coin between UNC & UK. I'm not big on UCLA given lack of defense (though it has improved). I'd like Wich St a lot if they weren't playing UK in the 2nd round.

I don't like anyone in the Midwest... Wide open. Give me Kansas, I guess.

First round games I will likely wager on (ATS): New Mexico State, Marquette, MTSU, Miami, Oklahoma State

There will be others, but I haven't done a ton of work yet, outside of filling out some brackets.

Will also be fading the Big Ten whenever I can.

Just changed my mind on MTSU over Minnesota... I'll probably just abstain there. Seems too consensus at this point. Will leave in my brackets, but probably won't wager on it.

Have two double-digit seeds getting thru this weekend...and they are in the same region: Wichita State & MTSU.

And an ACC All-Blue championship game, of course.

I am fading Zona... Have them losing their first game (though I don't really expect that to happen). I think they'd get beat by Saint Mary's or FSU.

St. Mary's-zona would be a fascinating game. Is St. Mary's really as good as the metrics indicate, and are the Pac-12 powers as bad? Is the Pac-12 top 3's success fool's gold? We'd learn a lot in that one

Blast from the past: Former Wake target (that ended up going to Fordham) Jon Severe is a grad transfer for the Iona Gaels.

Plays 27 minutes a game, shooting 43% from 3, 85% from the line, and scoring 11.3ppg.

Severe choosing Fordham over Wake Forest late in the process always stuck in my craw for some reason.

Blast from the past: Former Wake target (that ended up going to Fordham) Jon Severe is a grad transfer for the Iona Gaels.

Plays 27 minutes a game, shooting 43% from 3, 85% from the line, and scoring 11.3ppg.

Severe choosing Fordham over Wake Forest late in the process always stuck in my craw for some reason.
Crazy.... Looks like he avged 17 a game in 33 mins a game as a freshman and dropped off from there

These assbag announcers during the Syracuse-UNCG game talking about how Syracuse belonged in the NCAAT over Wake for the last 5 minutes.

Well we deserve it.

Actually they should be talking about Syracuse being in the NCAAT over Vandy or Mich St.

Back