• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

March Madness Thread

Damn conference rules not allowing a pairing of USC and UCLA.

Though TBF Providence is looking like the best of the four, which is how the committee had it. Though a lot of it is USC stank

Why couldn't we have played USC?

Wouldn't have mattered if we had let them shoot 60% also. Need to start staying in front of our man and hitting the boards. The guards need to hit them instead of just wanting to run out.

Ed Cooley is a great coach. PC should've sucked this year losing Dunn and Bentil.

yeah, no doubt who the best coach in dayton is. cooley is a boss

Didn't realize Jeff Battle was on PC's staff

That was a delayed landing for Jeff. I believe he and the Providence HC had some prior connection. Battle was available after he was let go when Danny arrived.

Mr and Mrs Enfield balling out there. How did the skinny euro frosh only average 6 ppg? Dude looks like a player.

Cooley is still a boss. But yeah, we kinda jinxed this one

Doesn't mean shit to me. We would have beaten either of these teams.

LOL. No we wouldn't.....but you would've bitched all night about the referees, like you do during every WF game. You are the undisputed King of the Whiners when it comes to bitching about referees. I could go back and pull up 100 posts of yours bitching about referees during this past WF season alone. You average at least six of them in every single WF game.

LOL. No we wouldn't.....but you would've bitched all night about the referees, like you do during every WF game. You are the undisputed King of the Whiners when it comes to bitching about referees. I could go back and pull up 100 posts of yours bitching about referees during this past WF season alone. You average at least six of them in every single WF game.

Suck a fat one you miserable , old shitbag. Why do you post on this board when you love to hate on your school & blow another miserable old , asshole like bob knight? You are the lowest form of internet trash there is. A guy that loves to hate on his own. I really hope the worst for you.

True. Refs don't cause anybody to win or lose. If people really believe they somehow get you down in a game and then are going to let you back in a game, they are delirious. Yes we miss calls in a game but not on purpose. And are certainly far better than any player or team average on their shooting % in a game or even FT % which are uncontested 15 footers. Take the entire game as a package because a missed call in the first 30 seconds is the same point value as a missed call in the final 30 seconds [just maybe not as much time to recover]. But the calls all basically balance out and they aren't missed on purpose. They are supposed to call it the same from start to finish--no more "letting them play" toward the end of a game. You do that you are penalizing one team by not calling a foul that should have been called. If it was a foul in the first 15 seconds of a game, it is a foul in the final 15 seconds.

These guys advance to the next round based on their performance just like the teams do. They get placed into the NCAA's initially on the season they had and the recs of their supervisors in each league. Guys that work ACC conference games number about 20 of the 96 different that will work the tourney. There will be 9 selected for the Final Four and 1 extra table official. After the guys work their semi-final game, they do not stay around to watch the Finals.

Well we have no history of giving up big leads in the 2nd half, oh wait.

If we played defense the way we played last night, we could lose to most teams.

I think what analysts forgot to say the team that usually moves on is the one that everyone questions as the last team in.

It is also laughable that the guy who criticizes his own teams fans for complaing about refs has teenage girl crush on an old scum bag of a coach that berated the hell out of and criticized officials.

Back