• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

March Madness Thread

Horrible shot selection from Arizona in the final minutes. Markannen was ignored and Trier pretty much into hero ball mode the final 5 minutes after he had a hot few minutes to give them an 8 point lead.

Sean Miller contonues to underachieve in the big dance.

Horrible shot selection from Arizona in the final minutes. Markannen was ignored and Trier pretty much into hero ball mode the final 5 minutes after he had a hot few minutes to give them an 8 point lead.

Sean Miller contonues to underachieve in the big dance.

Yep, pretty big contrast between them and Xavier working for the best option, no matter who it was

interesting. among D-1 coaches, the list of wins is:

1. K 1,071
2. Boeheim 901 (1,002)
3. Huggins 813
4. Ol' Roy 812

Boeheim is 72; he can catch K if you count his 101 vacated wins, but not without them

Huggy Bear won't live long enough to catch K

Roy is 66; can he win 29 per year for 9 more years to surpass K's current total?

also interesting (maybe only to me) that counting all levels of basketball, Bighouse Gaines was #2 in wins when he retired; now he's #15

Here's the list, which is not fully updated for 2017 results: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_men's_basketball_coaches_with_600_wins

Roy's going to need to add another 100 or more once a bunch of his get vacated.

skip coming to wake was the best thing to happen to xavier basketball

I don't know how I would feel about Sean Miller if I was an Arizona fan. He is doing a really good job but cannot get over the hump despite having very good teams. This year may have been his easiest path to a final 4 and even a national title game and they choked that away. He was frankly out coached in a game where he had far superior talent.

^^^^^
This. And he busted my bracket with Arizona winning the Natty playing the Final 4 in their home state. :(

I guess injuries were way overblown for the tournament this year. Both Xavier and Oregon on to the Elite 8.

Oh, to be a program with a coach who just can't get over the hump of going to the goddamn Sweet 16 or Elite 8 every year.

Oh, to be a program with a coach who just can't get over the hump of going to the goddamn Sweet 16 or Elite 8 every year.

Not saying I feel bad for them but there has to be a lot of disappointment that he has had final 4 and national title caliber teams that have yet to even make a final 4.

staak and skip coming to wake were the best things to happen to xavier basketball

Addendum. Let's not forget. They sputtered under Staak and won immediately under Gillen.

They owe us big time for allowing them to keep upgrading their coaches.

Addendum. Let's not forget. They sputtered under Staak and won immediately under Gillen.

They owe us big time for allowing them to keep upgrading their coaches.

and don't forget we allowed them to see how good of a coach Thad Matta can be

Yep, pretty big contrast between them and Xavier working for the best option, no matter who it was

the percentage of teams that do NOT work for a good option in the last possession is very alarming. whoever comes across halfcourt is going to jack it up and be a hero, better shot be damned

happens all the time and drives me nuts. Vanderbilt vs. Northwestern after the foul - vandy guy who comes across halfcourt shoots a contested 3. WVU last night - #2 shoots two highly contested 3's, then dribbles out the clock down three instead of passing with time left. Arizona last night, same thing

Back