• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Aaron Curry SI article

Glad to see a renewed purpose and direction...pulling for him

Still one of my favorites to ever put on pads for the Deacs. Certainly had all the makings of a "can't miss" prospect. Wish him the best...

Still one of my favorites to ever put on pads for the Deacs. Certainly had all the makings of a "can't miss" prospect. Wish him the best...

Mel Kiper Jr. actually had him as his "can't miss player of the draft."

Last edited:
Still made $26+ million in the NFL. Hope he was smart with his money. If so, his entire family should be set for life.

Aaron Curry the UNC fanboy?

All Wake fans were put out with him for that, but if you read the article he's clearly matured and moved on. Time to let bygones be bygones. AC will always be a Deac.

All Wake fans were put out with him for that, but if you read the article he's clearly matured and moved on. Time to let bygones be bygones. AC will always be a Deac.

Has he moved on and matured with respect to Wake? I'm asking because I don't know. The only quote in that article from him regarding Wake was how he couldn't understand why a senior player at Wake tried to convince him to not play so hard in practice.

AC is still one of my favorites, too bad for him and our program he didn't turn into the NFL player we thought he would, would've been good for the program. Hope Duke Ejiofor has a big season this year and does big things in the league.

An interview with Curry posted today on theacc.com

[video]http://www.theacc.com/video/5963aadae4b0f351c0830912[/video]

AARON CURRY: PASSION FOR FOOTBALL REIGNITED

FORMER WAKE FOREST FOOTBALL GREAT AARON CURRY HAS SEEN HIS SHARE OF PEAKS AND VALLEYS THROUGHOUT HIS CAREER. THE FORMER BUTKUS AWARD WINNER WAS THE 4TH OVERALL SELECTION IN THE 2009 NFL DRAFT, BUT AFTER ONLY FOUR SEASONS, CURRY WOULD FIND HIMSELF OUT OF FOOTBALL AND LOOKING FOR WAYS TO STILL MAKE AN IMPACT IN THE GAME HE LOVED. CURRY SITS DOWN WITH ACCDN HOST WES BRYANT TO TALK ABOUT HIS PASSION FOR THE GAME, HIS TRANSITION INTO COACHING, AND WHAT HE HAS IN STORE FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER OF HIS CAREER.

Isn't Wes Bryant fbmom's kid?

Back