• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tim Duncan and WFU post-retirement

Buttermaker

Reaction score
Now that Timmy has retired, what are the chances whatever issues there were before are mended and he has more involvement with the basketball program in some capacity? IMO, Wake needs to make the effort to bring him back into the fold. He isn't even on the video board with other former players during introductions.

I'd like to see that, but we haven't seen any indication he wants to be more involved with the school. He may just be a big part of the Spurs and nothing else.

didn't he play in that scrimmage with CP3 for harry giles' recruitment? I'm pretty sure he came back for that.

Wellman may be the problem.

Maybe when the AD that fired his coach retires.........may also be a big reason more baseball players don't come back from the 90's & early 2000's [when we won over 600 games]..............just sayin

Timmy had his third kid two weeks, a daughter named Quill, named after Marvel character Peter Quill from Guardians of the Galaxy.

Same one he's been with post-Amy.

Timmy had his third kid two weeks, a daughter named Quill, named after Marvel character Peter Quill from Guardians of the Galaxy.

He totally stole my plan! Now, I will have to name her Gamora.

Showing up for the Giles wknd with CP3 was big. I think now that Manning is in the fold, and he is retired he may be more involved.

Gotta also remember that CP has family in Winston area so he was going to come back during off periods no matter what.

Maybe when the AD that fired his coach retires.........may also be a big reason more baseball players don't come back from the 90's & early 2000's [when we won over 600 games]..............just sayin

Don't know what his relationship is with Wellman now, but it does appear that Odom is fairly comfortable being around the University now in various capacities, both formal and informal.

Has Duncan ever mentioned any intent on coaching in the future? Would think he would a great big man coach. not sure about being a head coach because that would require him to, you know, talk in public, at press conferences, and show emotion on the sideline during games.

Has Duncan ever mentioned any intent on coaching in the future? Would think he would a great big man coach. not sure about being a head coach because that would require him to, you know, talk in public, at press conferences, and show emotion on the sideline during games.

He mentioned how hard it would be to step away from basketball once or twice in the last year or two, but I highly doubt he has any interest at all in college coaching. Too much other bullshit to deal with.

You mean like Popovich ?

"show emotion on the sideline during games." wait a minute, have you forgotten Jim Grobe and Bzz already?

Back