• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BSD Article: Wake Forest Student Section

The "extreme" position is that a building will make this happen.

No one seems to take a position that it can do anything but help. We can afford millions and millions for "practice" facilities but can't afford to do all that we can for our home stadium?? Our generation joins the others of Wake Forest lore accepting a bad home gym. It will haunt us again.

281efe5a9f1c4e4ac16e77646b21fd51.jpg

This is good but I need you to dim the lights and also see if you can add this song as the soundtrack to the pic:

The similarities between the way you form an argument and the way The Donald forms an argument are eerily similar. Is Donald on our message boards?

But in all seriousness, a renovated Joel to do what you have been saying you want to do (decrease amount of seating) and a brand new basketball training facility seem like good moves and exactly what you're asking for, no? If not, I probably missed some things you've said recently because I decided to skip over most of your posts because they all say the same.

Anyway, I would say we should put the students on the side of the courts instead of behind the basket, but that could be a really bad look on TV and pictures if we reserve that section for students and they don't show up. IF they start showing up in decent number, that would be an awesome move. Put the olds behind the baskets who don't ever stand and get excited. Also really love the video boards in the upper corners idea that was seen in the leaked pictures.

If we had an on campus arena forty years ago, it would be one thing, but the cost of one now is not one we can afford. Even a new 7500 seat arena (it should be at least that big) would likely cost $60-100M. Unless it's 100% paid for by donations, the cost will create a need to have a lot of on campus events to pay for upkeep and management.

Do the students, faculty, board, parents want to have 3-6000 non-Wake people come onto campus for concerts, etc., almost monthly to pay for the upkeep, mortgage, etc.?

The parents of the Deacon are totally ridiculous and should be never be seen in public. they are wimpy and pathetic.

this is one of the weirdest #strongRJtaeks I've ever seen, but I love it so much

There hasn't been a boards villain this good since bkf first threw his chair into the ring. Maybe longer

This is good but I need you to dim the lights and also see if you can add this song as the soundtrack to the pic:

I wanted to build on your chainsaw idea, because I think modern power tools would appeal to the millennial student crowd:

38bf1ed278e5cfe902af9934505493ec.jpg

89f478e8897b9c515edf508eb1b79a15.jpg

Ultimately it will come down to the grassroots efforts to promote events around campus.

I really like where this is going and am very supportive of adding more Satanic imagery to the Joel including but not limited to goats and pentagrams.

I really like the Choir From Hell idea. That's solid work, especially when combined with the organ intro suggestion

this is one of the weirdest #strongRJtaeks I've ever seen, but I love it so much

He is correct though that the Deacon's parents, and the Deacon himself really, aren't very scary looking.

As part of the re-branding, it would be waaaay more intimidating if the Deacon emerges from the tunnel with a face smeared by ashes and feces and menstrual blood. He walks up to every single opposing player and points a finger right in their faces before gouging out his own eyes and then making a terrible ear-piercing shriek like a horned screech owl.

DF07 is doing WORK on this thread.

I've said many times in the past that my dream AD marketing changes would be to paint the entire football field gold, and have the official intro song be Sting's "Fields of Gold". I want opposing teams to hate coming to BB&T and the Joel not because we're loud and raucous (though we'll be loud and raucous too), but because they'll be genuinely uncomfortable with the cultlike environment that can only be realized by 12000 people swaying and singing in unison with Sting

get it done, rafi

DF07 is doing WORK on this thread.

I've said many times in the past that my dream AD marketing changes would be to paint the entire football field gold, and have the official intro song be Sting's "Fields of Gold". I want opposing teams to hate coming to BB&T and the Joel not because we're loud and raucous (though we'll be loud and raucous too), but because they'll be genuinely uncomfortable with the cultlike environment that can only be realized by 12000 people swaying and singing in unison with Sting

get it done, rafi

You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley...

Like, this is the sound the Deacon would make, but substantially louder:

Call me short-sighted, but I am a little worried about the impact all of this might have on recruiting. Especially given our supposed focus on high character kids.

He is correct though that the Deacon's parents, and the Deacon himself really, aren't very scary looking.

As part of the re-branding, it would be waaaay more intimidating if the Deacon emerges from the tunnel with a face smeared by ashes and feces and menstrual blood. He walks up to every single opposing player and points a finger right in their faces before gouging out his own eyes and then making a terrible ear-piercing shriek like a horned screech owl.

a7a3cdbcdcd8d8000d94a83d422483f6.jpg

Call me short-sighted, but I am a little worried about the impact all of this might have on recruiting. Especially given our supposed focus on high character kids.

As long as the arena is 6500 seats or less, recruits will come.

If we could figure out a way to implant the soul of a child into this Deacon doll so that it becomes a tortured sentient being, that may be all we need.

fa5a881731f734a492fc62e9feed118b.jpg

Back