• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Collins to test NBA, update: he has signed an agent, per Jeff Goodman

I'm sure the coaching staff was prepared to wait for Collins' decision with regard to potential replacements. It's not like this is a novel concept. #molehills

This was the obvious event according to everything John has said along the way.

He's going to wow them with his quickness, speed, feet and hands.

There are 80 minutes available at the 4/5. Dinos gets about 25 per game. Collins, if he returns, will get about 25 per game. That leaves 30 minutes for.Doral, Sam, and player(s) to be named. Arians got some of those minutes this season. He's gone, so there are minutes available for Sarr.

If Collins comes back he'll play as many minutes as he wants. He played 28 or more minutes in 9 of our last 12 games and 30+ in half of them. Dinos projects to 26 or so minutes based on this year, but without a known quantity like Arians or even McClinton to play the 4 it'll likely be more like 28-30. So it's more like 20 minutes to split between Doral and SJM, who averaged around 13 already last year.

So you're talking about 5-10 backup minutes available versus 20+ starting minutes available. I think it's fairly obvious that a starter-quality recruit or transfer would not consider Wake if Collins stays.

obviously she's just joking around, sillies

am i the only one thinking sarr might not care what collins does as far as deciding where to go? the kid will get minutes. but he is not a replacement for JC..we have an open scholly...playing with JC and learning with him seems more realistic than telling an unproven freshman he wont get minutes if john comes back

Really the best option, he has to test the waters and see where he is projected. I do not expect him to come back, but if he hears he needs another year then that will be great for Wake

Definitely the best option. Have seen him as high as 12th which means over $6 mill for 3 years. That is great money.

am i the only one thinking sarr might not care what collins does as far as deciding where to go? the kid will get minutes. but he is not a replacement for JC..we have an open scholly...playing with JC and learning with him seems more realistic than telling an unproven freshman he wont get minutes if john comes back

I don't think it will affect Sarr's decision. But it will affect our efforts to recruit a grad transfer to possibly replace Collins.

Last edited:
Really the best option, he has to test the waters and see where he is projected. I do not expect him to come back, but if he hears he needs another year then that will be great for Wake

Love JC and while we all wish him success in whatever he decides, we all can all only hope, no pray, that he decides to come back for his Junior year.

I put the odds 60/40 he's gone.

Love JC and while we all wish him success in whatever he decides, we all can all only hope, no pray, that he decides to come back for his Junior year.

I put the odds 60/40 he's gone.

fuck, long shot

I put the odds 90/10 he's gone.

FIFY

JC just checking things out.
Looking forward to him playing in black and gold again next season.

Back