• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Collins to test NBA, update: he has signed an agent, per Jeff Goodman

One danger of deciding not to play defense early in the game is that you forget how to play defense - it is not that easy to turns things on and off.

especially since you have given your man reason to be confident in his offense

Signing an agent forfeits amateur status. That's very significant.

Not hiring an agent makes it more likely he will return than if he did hire an agent. You suggest yourself that he's not doing his full due diligence because an agent could also get information from league sources. An active agent probably has better sources than a 50 year old former player.

Not hiring an agent makes it more likely he will return than if he did hire an agent. You suggest yourself that he's not doing his full due diligence because an agent could also get information from league sources. An active agent probably has better sources than a 50 year old former player.

Not hiring an agent makes it possible to return whereas hiring an agent makes it impossible. I get it. I just think he is 100% gone baring an injury or something that might tank his stock.

The system is set up for players to get the same info with or without an agent. Having Danny and his contacts are equivalent to having an agent.

Saying- Not having an agent makes it more likely that he'll return" is the silliest statement imaginable. OF COURSE it's more likely as you CAN'T come back if you hire an agent.

You can't hire an agent, fire him and then return. Once you hire an agent, you are 100000% gone.

It is....and is as likely as giving 110% on the field/court...

Not related directly to John's possible departure, but there appear to be a number of players transferring out of programs. I have seen that UVA is losing 2 and Duke 1 just announced today.

Hope that doesn't happen to WF, at least not with any of the players who regularly played last season.

Not hiring an agent makes it possible to return whereas hiring an agent makes it impossible. I get it. I just think he is 100% gone baring an injury or something that might tank his stock.

Sure. You think he's gone. I get it. It just hasn't happened yet even though it could.

Not related directly to John's possible departure, but there appear to be a number of players transferring out of programs. I have seen that UVA is losing 2 and Duke 1 just announced today.

Hope that doesn't happen to WF, at least not with any of the players who regularly played last season.

Coach K continues to ruin the careers of 5 star big men. Hopefully Jeter can get some actual coaching at his next destination.

Plus Pitt has lost a few as well.

The system is set up for players to get the same info with or without an agent. Having Danny and his contacts are equivalent to having an agent.

Saying- Not having an agent makes it more likely that he'll return" is the silliest statement imaginable. OF COURSE it's more likely as you CAN'T come back if you hire an agent.

You can't hire an agent, fire him and then return. Once you hire an agent, you are 100000% gone.

I didn't agree with this, then you went all CAPS. Now I am convinced.

I am not sure I buy this defense argument. He gets 6 fouls in the NBA and the refs are way different than in the ACC. He aggressive defense from earlier in the season will be more effective in the NBA.

His defense over the last 3/4 games was pretty atrocious and there have always been concerns about his ability to defend at the next level. I think John's stock got a little inflated during his streak of 20+ games just because of how polished he is on offense. Late first round feels about right unless he shows out during workouts and the combine.

One of these collegiate PER's is not like the others

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2017/

Only two players are above 27 (in the NBA that's a top 5 guy, with Fultz at 28 in NBA that's Kawhi and Westbrook only)

John Collins is at 36. And its an exponential formula. No player in NBA history has come close to that, for example.

PER is adjusted so that the league average is always 15.00 - there are a lot more players in the NCAA that pull down the league average, so the high end PER scores wind up being a lot higher than they are in the NBA

PER is adjusted so that the league average is always 15.00 - there are a lot more players in the NCAA that pull down the league average, so the high end PER scores wind up being a lot higher than they are in the NBA

Eh. His per 48 numbers are 34.6 and 17.6 with very high percentages. He's right around Anthony Davis.

Back