• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC transfers

To paraphrase juice if you can't make fun of state what's the point of sports?

Yurtseven is projected as a second rounder, so not sure why he would leave now.

He's from fucking Turkey. Playing in the NBA may be a dream, but he's got options if he doesn't feel like he's a good match with Keats.

As i've mention before, (around the juvenile jokes of 07) Yurt is a really smart kid from a family that is well off financially (father is a prominent doctor I believe) and he seems to actually value a degree in one of the hard sciences (such as an engineering degree from NCSU). It really wouldn't shock me if he stays 3 years and gets close to a degree or even all 4 while his body catches up. I think we can all agree that he isn't going anywhere near the NBA after his performance last year. He also didn't leave his club team that amicably as they were saying he got paid as a professional and Yurt and his family were saying that he didn't. Will be interesting to see how his career at NCSU plays out. He may transfer withing the next week but I just don't see it.

In other NCSU news, Abu has hosted the last few kids KK has had on campus and is openly discussing how excited he is to play for him next season. That gives NCSU a roster of:

R-Sr. Lennard Freeman
SR Abdul-Malik Abu
R-Jr Torin Dorn
Jr. Shaun Kirk
Soph Daris Hicks
Soph Omer Yurtseven
Soph Markell Johnson
Soph Ted Kapita
Fresh Lavar Batts
6-yr Terry Henderson (pending appeal)

Now I don't think that we will have this exact roster moving forward but given the hypothetical that we do, that leaves:
1 5*
4 4* (maybe 5 if Henderson is eligible)
4 3*

Not a team that will do better than .500 in the league best case scenario but that's not a group that is devoid of talent IMO.

As i've mention before, (around the juvenile jokes of 07) Yurt is a really smart kid from a family that is well off financially (father is a prominent doctor I believe) and he seems to actually value a degree in one of the hard sciences (such as an engineering degree from NCSU). It really wouldn't shock me if he stays 3 years and gets close to a degree or even all 4 while his body catches up. I think we can all agree that he isn't going anywhere near the NBA after his performance last year. He also didn't leave his club team that amicably as they were saying he got paid as a professional and Yurt and his family were saying that he didn't. Will be interesting to see how his career at NCSU plays out. He may transfer withing the next week but I just don't see it.

In other NCSU news, Abu has hosted the last few kids KK has had on campus and is openly discussing how excited he is to play for him next season. That gives NCSU a roster of:

R-Sr. Lennard Freeman
SR Abdul-Malik Abu
R-Jr Torin Dorn
Jr. Shaun Kirk
Soph Daris Hicks
Soph Omer Yurtseven
Soph Markell Johnson
Soph Ted Kapita
Fresh Lavar Batts
6-yr Terry Henderson (pending appeal)

Now I don't think that we will have this exact roster moving forward but given the hypothetical that we do, that leaves:
1 5*
4 4* (maybe 5 if Henderson is eligible)
4 3*

Not a team that will do better than .500 in the league best case scenario but that's not a group that is devoid of talent IMO.

So 6 4 star or better and you question .500 in the league. How many do you think it would take at State.

Unless the talent is really special it takes mature, older talent to win/compete in the ACC. Have you been watching the last few years? NCSU will more than likely have only 1 upperclassman that was a consensus top 100 player coming out of HS. That's not a winning formula in the ACC.

Doubt they will be dog shit. Obviously something awful was brewing last year. The level of defensive intensity didn't make sense. And some of those players, in theory, should be able to play D. I think they will play with high intensity and be a tough road win. Perhaps lack of experience in the system will give them a lot of trouble on the road.

All that said, count me in the camp that believes that Yurt will be nothing but a college stiff. Just don't see the pro game in him. The moment he sniffs intensity, he fouls like a mad man.

Back