• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC transfers

Bigs go to Duke to win games and then play in the NBA. Name a program with more bigs in the NBA than Duke.

I dare say they have had way more 5 star PF/Cs that have not made the NBA than have over the last 15 or so years.

Duke big man transfers:

Chase Jeter
Semi Ojeleye - Big junior year for SMU after sitting out last year post-transfer; Entering draft without an agent
Alex Murphy - Enrolled early to Duke, redshirted and then did nothing for 2 years there, transferred to UF and had injury issues... Nice grad transfer year this year at Northeastern
Olek Czyz - Did nothing at Duke... Ended up All-WAC at Nevada
Taylor King
Eric Boateng

There are others if you go further back (Kris Humphries)... Or if you include the guys that just decided to sit the bench (Brian Zoubek).

***I do understand that I hate Duke, so I may be reaching a bit. And they've also had a ton of non-bigs transfer and find success, as well.

Has K developed any NBA All-Star bigs besides Laettner, Brand, and Boozer?

UVA is gonna be really interesting next year. Shayok and Perrantes were the only ones most games who looked like they could create any sort of shot for themselves. Both gone now.

They still have man bun.

Duke big man transfers:

Chase Jeter
Semi Ojeleye - Big junior year for SMU after sitting out last year post-transfer; Entering draft without an agent
Alex Murphy - Enrolled early to Duke, redshirted and then did nothing for 2 years there, transferred to UF and had injury issues... Nice grad transfer year this year at Northeastern
Taylor King
Eric Boateng

There are others if you go further back (Kris Humphries)... Or if you include the guys that just decided to sit the bench (Brian Zoubek).

***I do understand that I hate Duke, so I may be reaching a bit. And they've also had a ton of non-bigs transfer and find success, as well.

Chris Burgess is another one going back awhile.

The same logic re: All Star games can be applied to your logic for making the NBA. They weren't gonna make the All-Star game regardless of where they went to college.

The sentiment of "why would a big man ever go to Duke" however, is dumb. Okafor and Parker were both all-Americans as freshmen.

I think we understand why big men go to Duke, just pointing out it's a stupid decision.

Parker isn't a big man though. So it's basically just Okafor and whichever Plumlee is the good Plumlee

Parker was 4 that played on the perimeter, Okafor was a dominant college talent. If you're one of those you might be okay. Other than that it's like a versatile WR going to play in a run heavy ball control offense in football.

This is probably a better way of saying what I was trying to say.

Duke big man transfers:

Chase Jeter
Taylor King
Eric Boateng

I mean I get the big man centers leaving - but czyz, murphy, ojelye, taylor king weren't "bigs". Humphries never showed up in Durham.

You also have to take into account that there were better players in front of all of those guys. Wake would kill for them, but Duke can shed players and still win.

Last edited:
Duke big man transfers:

Chase Jeter
Taylor King
Eric Boateng

Taylor was more of a SF/SG than a big.

Parker was 4 that played on the perimeter, Okafor was a dominant college talent. If you're one of those you might be okay. Other than that it's like a versatile WR going to play in a run heavy ball control offense in football.

This is probably a better way of saying what I was trying to say.

Yeah. It's like saying Demaryius Thomas is evidence that Tech is a good place for a WR to go.

How many Burger Boy bigs has Duke had since 2002 when Boozer left (as a 2nd Round pick after being a Top 10 HS player)?

Okafor is one, but he didn't improve at Duke.

No more banked-in buzzer beater 3s then hopefully.

Bennett possibly losing his luster? Maybe RJ was right about him!

UVA is gonna be really interesting next year. Shayok and Perrantes were the only ones most games who looked like they could create any sort of shot for themselves. Both gone now.

Yep, gonna put a lot of pressure on Man Bun just like Perrantes had a lot of pressure on him most of this year. Defense can only do but so much. Eventually you have to score more points to win games and it will be hard to see Thompson & Wilkins as seniors all of a sudden start scoring, Salt inside being consistent. Their hope might be Diakite making progress like Collins did as a sophomore?

Back