• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC transfers

Mike Thompson, another Duke McD AA center who transferred to Northwestern.

Last edited:
Brandon Childress, 7th on the team in minutes, average more PPG than Kwe and Giles combined. Bet you could have gotten some pretty good odds against that happening in Vegas a couple years back.

Maybe our coach knows something about evaluating talent

So Tony Bennett lost 3 players today. I wonder if they are getting sick of playing games in the 40s. Jerome & Guy seem like future studs, but this could be the start of a decline for UVA.

Definitely got to start all over and maybe create a new persona with some offense , like we need to find some defense! Tony's teams are built around that pack line D, but you still have to score the ball to win in the end. Gators exposed a lot of flaws.

So Tony Bennett lost 3 players today. I wonder if they are getting sick of playing games in the 40s. Jerome & Guy seem like future studs, but this could be the start of a decline for UVA.

Currently with ONE 3* recruit (not rated) coming in next year. They are in for a world of hurt next season

Currently with ONE 3* recruit (not rated) coming in next year. They are in for a world of hurt next season

UVA will always be a pain in the arse to play regardless of the talent on hand. Agree that there is a talent drain going on, but UVA will always be greater than the sum of its parts, even if the parts are almost worthless.

I can see them going 9-9 next year, and everyone wondering how the F that happened.

I equate UVA basketball to the service academies in football. They're always going to be in most games with their style of play. With high talent on the roster, they're very difficult to play.

However, they can get into trouble if teams are able to force them out of their comfort zone by getting a lead.

Does anyone have a link to a site where they do a good job of listing transfers?

I know ESPN/Goodman will put out a list in a few weeks, but is there anything more "real time"?

FSU's Jonathan Issac declared. He is a projected Top 10 pick.

Anyone ever hear why Tevin Mack was kicked of the team at TX? He'd be eligible to play in January. It would suck for Mitchell W. and Wash but we'd be totally loaded at SG/SF with Keyshawn, Chaundee and Mack.

Last edited:
This. One is 6'11" and the other is 6'7". Bennett redshirted them just before the season started to help balance out his recruiting classes.

I'd be shocked if the 6'11 guy can play at all. The only guy who was bigger than 6'8 who got 15+mpg was Jack Salt, and he's a total stiff.

Keep in mind that Wisconsin red-shirted Ethan Happ, and he is now an all-American. While not typical in basketball, red-shirt players can blossom into nice players. Wisconsin has been doing that for years, and Bennett's dad started that trend in Madison long ago.

I'd be shocked if the 6'11 guy can play at all. The only guy who was bigger than 6'8 who got 15+mpg was Jack Salt, and he's a total stiff.
The 6'11 guy who redshirted was a top 100 player - Jay Huff.

don't understand how Bennett talks decent or better players into not only playing in his system, but redshirting a year

Back