• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC transfers

The other guy who redshirted was also a top 100 player - 6'7 SF DeAndre Hunter. Both looked like stick figures in high school.

The 6'11 guy who redshirted was a top 100 player - Jay Huff.

As a top 100 player that was not injured, and redshirted to “balance our recruiting”, when they had very little talent at the position makes me question the coaching in Charlottesville more than ever.

Heard Kyle Guy talking about how UVA focuses on defense for at least 85% of their practice time. Even if an exaggeration, UVA's emphasis on D is reflected in their play. On the flip-side, it appears that WF devoted about 5% of their practices to defense.

Heard Kyle Guy talking about how UVA focuses on defense for at least 85% of their practice time. Even if an exaggeration, UVA's emphasis on D is reflected in their play. On the flip-side, it appears that WF devoted about 5% of their practices to defense.

To be fair, we had A LOT to fix.

Two points: 1) Kelly Olynyk redshirted at Gonzaga. 2) 99/100 peeps on this board would give up their first born to have the type of record that UVA has last 4ish seasons. So let's not go too far with the Tony Bennett hate. The style criticism is fair, but the W/L record is excellent

Two points: 1) Kelly Olynyk redshirted at Gonzaga. 2) 99/100 peeps on this board would give up their first born to have the type of record that UVA has last 4ish seasons. So let's not go too far with the Tony Bennett hate. The style criticism is fair, but the W/L record is excellent

i like my firstborn a lot so I guess I'm in the 1%. I'm looking for Tony Bennett hate on this thread and I don't see it

Anyone ever hear why Tevin Mack was kicked of the team at TX? He'd be eligible to play in January. It would suck for Mitchell W. and Wash but we'd be totally loaded at SG/SF with Keyshawn, Chaundee and Mack.

I don't want anybody near our program that was kicked off of the team at Texas.

I don't want anybody near our program that was kicked off of the team at Texas.

Really? It's not like Texas, under Shaka (or even under Rick Barnes) is/was some sort of outlaw program. I could see saying that you don't want anyone near our program that was kicked off the team at any program, but if WF is going to consider players kicked off a team, a high profile recruit at Texas is preferable to most.

Really? It's not like Texas, under Shaka (or even under Rick Barnes) is/was some sort of outlaw program. I could see saying that you don't want anyone near our program that was kicked off the team at any program, but if WF is going to consider players kicked off a team, a high profile recruit at Texas is preferable to most.

I agree with you about the first part. My point is that I expect that Shaka's standards are pretty close to Wake's. If Shaka doesn't want Mack on the team, I don't want him at Wake.

Rumor is that he punched a teammate in the face -- twice. Messed up team chemistry. And did a lot of drugs.

There's no way to know that. We played to our talents this year. We excelled on offense knowing our D would never be any good. If we made JC play more D, he would have gotten many more fouls.

The 6'11 guy who redshirted was a top 100 player - Jay Huff.

But they had no other bigs who weren't scrubs.

You can't compare it to red-shirting Happ. His frosh year they had Kaminsky, Dekker and Hayes. UVA no good players in the post. It's nonsense to compare Happ's RS to the scrubs UVA had.

But they had no other bigs who weren't scrubs.

You can't compare it to red-shirting Happ. His frosh year they had Kaminsky, Dekker and Hayes. UVA no good players in the post. It's nonsense to compare Happ's RS to the scrubs UVA had.

My gosh! I agree with you RJ! What is the world coming too?:werd:

I don't know if people are legit hating on Bennett. That said, it's not an unreasonable argument to make that his style might be played out and kids are increasingly balking at playing ball in the 40s.

RE: #1- first of all one anecdote doesn't a policy make. Next, he had stars in Elias Harris and Robert Sacre ahead of him. There were no such players at UVA this year.

Last edited:
I don't know if people are legit hating on Bennett. That said, it's not an unreasonable argument to make that his style might be played out and kids are increasingly balking at playing ball in the 40s.

No way to hate on Bennett as he is such a class act and his teams do win. But going forward, he had his best chance to get to a Final Four several years ago with Brogdon, Gill, Anderson, Tobey off the bench & Perrantes as a youngster. Then again last year they let a 13 point lead with 8 to go slip thru their hands against Boeheim's press. [that team was Brogdon, Gill, Tobey, Perrantes & Thompson]. They have lost the majority of their scorers now and "Hoo" knows if they can get enough back to make another great run. Meanwhile another great defensive coach, Frank Martin, has mixed in the defense with a few great scorers in Thornwell & Dozier to actually get to the Final Four [plus get their first NCAA wins since 1973]

What are the odds James "Hendu" Henderson is working up an "Allen is overrated" or "Allen was scared of being recruited over" article for the MENSA members over on Pack Pride?

Allen is still considering NCSU, sounds like Kansas is trying to back channel their way in with Allen like they did with Graham who has played well for them the last few years.

State still really wants Allen and it would be a big loss if we don't land him. NCSU is currently lacking guards for next season. As for James Henderson, the dude works hard and has a lot of good contacts and has been really good information wise the last few years. Not sure why he gets the hate.

NCSU trying to get in with Levar Batts and the kid from Word of God who decommitted from Washington. Need one of those guys going forward.

Back