• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The ACC 2018

Just a friendly reminder that Kevin Keatts was an assistant coach and recruiter at Louisville when they were paying prostitutes to have sex with visiting recruits, and he left Louisville at a very convenient time.

So you are saying we should expect State's recruiting to pick up?

I think it's way more a reflection of the type of recruit UNC goes after than Roy's coaching/development.

Annoyingly, Roy runs his program like Duke's t-shirt fans think K runs his program. Four year players that fit well together.

Jaylen Johnson from UL staying in the draft

Berry, Pinson and Bradley all enter without agents.

ACC is going to be strange next season

Yurtseven is returning to State

FSU got a verbal from McD AA SG MJ Walker.

Yurtseven is returning to State

FSU got a verbal from McD AA SG MJ Walker.

Dang, hadn't seen the Walker news. They continue to recruit at a really high level.

Strange offseason with Yurtseven returning but Ted Kapita and Mav Rowan "staying" in the draft in which they don't have any chance of even sniffing being selected. NCSU will have the bodies now, especially if Henderson gets the 6th year and Markell Johnson is able to keep his academics in check. Cubbard won't be completely bare for Keatts to start with.

Also, looks like Tony Bradley of UNC did sign with an agent and is staying in the draft. Bad news for the Cheats, good news for everyone else in the ACC. He is UNC's first "one and done" since Brandon Wright in 2007. That's an amazing sentence to type.

The Pack picked up two pretty big time transfers today. CJ Bryce from UNCW and Devon Daniels from Utah. Both have to sit out next year but they were much needed with the top heavy roster Keats inherited. Big step in the right direction.

The Pack picked up two pretty big time transfers today. CJ Bryce from UNCW and Devon Daniels from Utah. Both have to sit out next year but they were much needed with the top heavy roster Keats inherited. Big step in the right direction.

Bryce is a good player but Keatts is taking a questionable chance (IMO) taking a kid that was kicked off the Utah team for "conduct detrimental to the team", usually code for something pretty serious. Then again he did coach with the ultimate questionable player recruiter Rick Pitino

Bryce is a good player but Keatts is taking a questionable chance (IMO) taking a kid that was kicked off the Utah team for "conduct detrimental to the team", usually code for something pretty serious. Then again he did coach with the ultimate questionable player recruiter Rick Pitino

Maybe he feels he need questionable to beat cheating.

Wake, SDSU, and UNLV were also recruiting him after he announced his intentions to transfer.

Wake people said it was not serious after briefly checking into it and doing some further checking, evidently they didn't like what they found out.

Wake people said it was not serious after briefly checking into it and doing some further checking, evidently they didn't like what they found out.

State people did the same and had an opposite opinion. Also, unless it's somewhere I can't find, Devon was suspended 3 games late in the season, sat on the bench for all 3 games, and played in their last game of the season, an NIT loss. Doesn't sound like a huge issue but more of a teaching moment from the coach. We will see which thought process was correct in a few years I'd guess.

State gonna State.

State gonna be better than Wake

Also frfr, with his success at Hargrave, I trust KK's judgement on "problem kids"

Last edited:
State gonna be better than Wake

Also frfr, with his success at Hargrave, I trust KK's judgement on "problem kids"

Maybe in bass fishing, certainly not basketball. You do realize this is the same Keatts who coached with Rick "the prostitue supplier" Pitino right? Yeah I certainly trust his judgement!

Last edited:
let those who bombed their basketball program to the ground for a culture change, after sexual assault of a band member in a bathroom by a player who was still allowed to play during the culture change, make the first judgement I guess. Maybe in another 7 years you'll make the first 4 in order to get trounced again.

Back