• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Could Duke really lose 9 of 15 players?

Current Duke/Kentucky model is not sustainable.

Kentucky has made 6 out of the last 8 Elite 8's, most out of all teams during the past 8 years. Florida is second with 5, UNC and Kansas at 4 and then five teams at 3. Obviously, Calipari has shown not only that the model is sustainable (8 years is a long time in college basketball, enough for five recruiting classes to play their entire 4 year career), but is also successful.

The model isn't for everyone and Kentucky may see a major drop off in the years immediately after Calipari leaves, but to say it isn't sustainable would be false.

They do add Wendell Carter, Jr., and Gary Trent, Jr.
They may also add Duval and Knox (#4 and #7, respectively, in the ESPN 100). I'm guessing they're waiting on draft decisions from guys like Kennard and Allen.

Current Duke/Kentucky model is not sustainable.
IMO it's pretty clear Calipari can execute the one and done model...he's done it for years and gets these guys to gel as a team, even play strong D. It doesn't look to me like K is anywhere near as effective. He looked lost and confused at times this year. It's just not his thing.

IMO it's pretty clear Calipari can execute the one and done model...he's done it for years and gets these guys to gel as a team, even play strong D. It doesn't look to me like K is anywhere near as effective. He looked lost and confused at times this year. It's just not his thing.

Seems like Cal spreads playing time around. K likes playing 7, even in preseason.

C8BlDPZWsAEK1_J.jpg

Will Giles have the worst stats of any first round draft pick in the history of the NBA draft? I wouldn't be shocked if he drops to the 2nd round

Where Giles goes in the draft I think is going to be very driven by his health, or lack thereof. If NBA evaluators think his knees are OK, he will go high. If they don't, he'll drop. No NBA GM wants to draft the next Greg Oden.

K, unlike Calipari, has been given a complete pass on going 1 and done route along with just continually running kids out of the program - Jeter and Obi being the latest

Allen probably peaked 2 seasons ago when he was a bench player full of potential. If he left he wouldn't go 1st round. He may as well play his senior season. Kennard would be foolish not to go. His stock won't be any higher than it is now.

Absolutely no way Bamba is going to Duke after that shitshow this season. He's got Kentucky written all over him.

You'd think so but these kids (see Giles, Harry) continue to fall for K's BS. Not a Calipari fan, but had Bolden gone to Kentucky- he'd have been a lock to be picked in the first round this June

Back