• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Could Duke really lose 9 of 15 players?

pourdeac

Reaction score
A friend who is a big Duke fan told me word is Duke will lose 9 of 15 players on its roster.

Sean Obi: transfer
Chase Jeter: transfer
Jayson Tatum: NBA
Harry Giles: NBA
Grayson Allen: NBA
Luke Kennard: NBA
Amile Jefferson: Grad
Nick Pagliuca (who?): Grad
Matt Jones: Grad.

The only ones on that list that we don't know bout are Kennard and Allen. Anyone think they'll actually leave? That would be 7 of 8 top scorers and leave Frank Jackson as the only player who scored >2.5 pts a game. Wow. K will fill in with more one and dones, but he didn't exactly handle things very well this year.

I think Allen stays to work on his douche issues. Ironic that he will do that at Duke. If he goes pro, I think Golden State will take him and Dray will take him under his wing.

Kentucky is facing a similar roster turnover, they will lose:

Malik Monk: NBA
De'Aaron Fox: NBA
Bam Adebayo: NBA
Isaac Briscoe: NBA
Derek Willis: grad
Dominique Hawkins: grad
Mychal Mulder: grad

& potentially lose:
Sasha Killeya-Jones: transfer
Tai Wynyard: transfer

Allen is not rated in the 1st round on any draft board right now. Don't think he has a viable NBA option.

Guess that Kennard is staying, but who knows.

Allen is not rated in the 1st round on any draft board right now. Don't think he has a viable NBA option.

Guess that Kennard is staying, but who knows.

I thought I saw Kennard projected around 20.. could be wrong.. any reason to think he could improve his stock by coming back? He's been lights out this year

A friend who is a big Duke fan told me word is Duke will lose 9 of 15 players on its roster.

Sean Obi: transfer
Chase Jeter: transfer
Jayson Tatum: NBA
Harry Giles: NBA
Grayson Allen: NBA
Luke Kennard: NBA
Amile Jefferson: Grad
Nick Pagliuca (who?): Grad
Matt Jones: Grad.

The only ones on that list that we don't know bout are Kennard and Allen. Anyone think they'll actually leave? That would be 7 of 8 top scorers and leave Frank Jackson as the only player who scored >2.5 pts a game. Wow. K will fill in with more one and dones, but he didn't exactly handle things very well this year.

Anything to the Bolden-out talk?

I thought I saw Kennard projected around 20.. could be wrong.. any reason to think he could improve his stock by coming back? He's been lights out this year

According to folks on the Collins thread he would be an idiot to come back.

Instant fodder for Coach K to win ACC COY next season.

& potentially lose:

Briscoe? I don't think chubby combo guards are en vogue

& potentially lose:

What happened with Killeya-Jones?

Anything to the Bolden-out talk?
Bolden was apparently on their list as well...transferring. They weren't counting Pagliuca!...whoever that is. So that makes 10 out of 16 (Jeter is already gone from their roster). Might as well just list their likely returning players.

Javin DeLaurier
Frank Jackson
Antonio Vrankovic
Jack White
Justin Robinson
Brennan Besser.

Ouch.

Pagliuca is a walk-on and the son of Celtics co-owner Stephen Pagliuca.

Bolden was apparently on their list as well...transferring. They weren't counting Pagliuca!...whoever that is. So that makes 10 out of 16 (Jeter is already gone from their roster). Might as well just list their likely returning players.

Javin DeLaurier
Frank Jackson
Antonio Vrankovic
Jack White
Justin Robinson
Brennan Besser.

Ouch.

Does Jack White have time to practice with all his tour dates?

Last edited:

Javin DeLaurier
Frank Jackson
Antonio Vrankovic
Jack White
Justin Robinson
Brennan Besser.

Ouch.

Remember, the basketball coach is just his side hustle. His primary job description is that of a leader.

They do add Wendell Carter, Jr., and Gary Trent, Jr.

Evidently the model is not a lock for the final four either.

Back