• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2017 WORLD SERIES L.A. DODGERS VS. ASTROS THREAD

Nah all the cards fans lived up to their billing as the best in baseball.

Random fantasy related question but I've got Judge in a deep keeper league for $4 (40 man rosters, $400 salary cap). I've gotten an offer for Judge from literally half the league in the last two weeks and am trying to evaluate, generally, what he's worth at this point.

The most intriguing one was Strasburg ($41) and Steven Souza ($2) for Judge ($4) and Chapman ($30). That guy's already looking to next year and trying to free up some cap space.

Any escalator on Judge's keeper price in future years? Do you need starter stats versus a closer stats? How does your offense look this season? Are you in contention?

Any escalator on Judge's keeper price in future years? Do you need starter stats versus a closer stats? How does your offense look this season? Are you in contention?

1. Each team has to allocate $3 per other team in the offseason and can put it on any player(s) they want. I would imagine Judge will get a decent amount of allocation money, however I also have Kershaw who I think some would also want to add some cost to him.

2. I've basically punted saves and am amenable to moving Chapman at this point for the right price.

3. I don't necessarily need another starter and with Kershaw in the mix, I'd have over 25% of my budget tied up in two starters if I added Strasburg.

4. Offense is slightly better than pitching right now and should be improving, just traded for Hamilton to help runs and stolen bases.

5. I'm still in buy mode right now in general. I've oscillated between fifth and seventh the last couple weeks and second place isn't too far out of reach with a good month. First place is 10 points ahead of everyone right now (5x5 roto, normal categories).

Based on what you describe, I don't like that trade for you. Strasburg's health always concerns me and though Souza's running hot, I bet he has a month in him where he hits.180 and strikes out a ton. I'd wait until Aroldis comes back and saves a couple of games the throw him on the trading block to see what comes back. If drafing today, I would probably think of Judge in the 3rd round territory. Maybe earlier if you've got a bunch of Yankees fans in your league. Depending on some details, you might see see how available someone like Freddie Freeman is since he'll be back in a few weeks.

Based on what you describe, I don't like that trade for you. Strasburg's health always concerns me and though Souza's running hot, I bet he has a month in him where he hits.180 and strikes out a ton. I'd wait until Aroldis comes back and saves a couple of games the throw him on the trading block to see what comes back. If drafing today, I would probably think of Judge in the 3rd round territory. Maybe earlier if you've got a bunch of Yankees fans in your league. Depending on some details, you might see see how available someone like Freddie Freeman is since he'll be back in a few weeks.

Good insight, thanks. I'm not interested in Souza at all so that was kind of a non-starter for me and starting pitching isn't at the top of my list of things I'm interested in upgrading in the short-term so this specific trade wasn't necessarily going to happen anyway. I've received some ridiculous offers that I don't think come close to Judge's value.

Heading into the 9th today, Washington was leading at Oakland, 6-4.

After 45 minutes, the 9th just ended. Nats 11-10.

Same question for Barves.

4pm start in June so shade would be nice too.

Not too sure anywhere will have shade at that time. Went for a 12:00 game in late May. Our seats were in the shade for 2/3rds of the game and the sun started hitting hitting us last. Sun rises behind the 3rd base line. All of the seats (section 340) it seemed were in the sun by the end of it. 340 was enjoyable but the view from the outfield when walking around was very nice. Didn't really get to see many other section.

Last edited:
Scooter Gennett has 4 homers tonight for Cincinnati. Working on a 5/5 night with 10 steaks.

Os with two walk off, extra inning wins in two nights. Both after hitting multi-run homers in 9th to tie.

Too bad they need these theatrics against a last place team. Beats losing though.

MLB Draft tonight. Praying my Braves take the guy they think is best. Let someone else manipulate bonuses with their picks this year.

Damn; Bombers have lost 6 straight. Need to finish the week strong before the All Star break.

Back