• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2017 WORLD SERIES L.A. DODGERS VS. ASTROS THREAD

O.K. But he sure isn't replacing Galvis, barring injury.

O.K. But he sure isn't replacing Galvis, barring injury.

Galvis isn't holding anyone back. He's a career .243/.283./.375 hitter. Pretty good defender, but ideally, he's a backup middle infielder, not a starter. Even last year, when he hit 20 HR, he still only hit .241/.274/.399

We'll see. He's one of two legitimate players (Altherr) that they have. Fans would go batshit.

Last edited:
Galvis isn't holding anyone back. He's a career .243/.283./.375 hitter. Pretty good defender, but ideally, he's a backup middle infielder, not a starter. Even last year, when he hit 20 HR, he still only hit .241/.274/.399

Galvis is without question a GG caliber defender. But Crawford's struggles at the plate have made it that much easier for the Phillies' FO to keep him in the minors. If he were lighting it up, they'd have the same thing they're faced with now in Joseph/Hoskins, where the current MLB guy is probably headed out the door.

I'm not sure the Phillies FO knows what the hell they're doing. They brought in Saunders (gone) and Kendrick (a DL favorite) apparently because they didn't believe that Altherr could be a starting outfielder. The Phillies definitely suck ginormous gelones, but Altherr is unquestionably their best position player.

I'm not sure the Phillies FO knows what the hell they're doing. They brought in Saunders (gone) and Kendrick (a DL favorite) apparently because they didn't believe that Altherr could be a starting outfielder. The Phillies definitely suck ginormous gelones, but Altherr is unquestionably their best position player.

No doubt you are correct in retrospect, but coming off Altherr's 2016 season (he hit .197 and slugged .228, and struck out in a 1/3 of his ABs), don't think Nostradamus would've foreseen Altherr's 2017 season coming.

There was no downside to those signings. 1 year deals. Worst case, you cut bait (like Saunders). Best case, you flip those guys for a prospect, even though obviously not a high level one.

They took on Neshek in a salary dump and should get something for him.

Herrera is still better than Altherr, despite Herrera's disappointing first half.

Bour would've been more fun, but some of those Judge dingers may have landed in Cuba.

Bour v Judge was the best round of a derby in a while

Bour would've been more fun, but some of those Judge dingers may have landed in Cuba.

1) One of the ESPN donks said that they should've just let Judge go, even after he officially won. I don't think anyone would've minded, except the Yankees.

2) The new HR derby format is easily the best thing to happen to sports since HD TV. I can't think of another major change to one of the four major sports in recent years that has generated that much enjoyment.

3) Speaking of upgrades, the HR derby was 1000% more enjoyable without Chris fucking Berman.

Bour v Judge was the best round of a derby in a while

Bour was pulling bombs to the upper reaches in RF. Judge was 'spraying' homers from foul line to foul line. I started laughing. It was just a matter of time until Judge started pulling the ball. Contest over. Fun exhibition.

Microcosm of the 2017 season: fuckton of strikeouts, but a HR wins it.

Bour was pulling bombs to the upper reaches in RF. Judge was 'spraying' homers from foul line to foul line. I started laughing. It was just a matter of time until Judge started pulling the ball. Contest over. Fun exhibition.

Headed to yankee stadium at the end of the month and sitting down the left field line. Fully prepared to have my hand crushed by a Judge bomb.

Back