• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2017 WORLD SERIES L.A. DODGERS VS. ASTROS THREAD

Bubs win a good game against the Doggers. Too bad they both couldn't have lost.

Last edited:
That was one area the Nats didn't really address in the off season, and is an area where they seem weaker this year than last year. I would guess they are in the market for a veteran closer by midsummer (or sooner).

Wait, didn't they actively pursue every single FA closer, plus attempt to trade for a few under contract? They just whiffed on all of them.

Tigers optioned Bruce Rondon and bought Joe Jimenez's contract.

Jimenez has looked really good the last year in the minors and in the WBC. Should be a good setup guy.

Wait, didn't they actively pursue every single FA closer, plus attempt to trade for a few under contract? They just whiffed on all of them.

That was one area the Nats didn't SUCCESSFULLY address in the off season, and is an area where they seem weaker this year than last year. I would guess they are in the market for a veteran closer by midsummer (or sooner).

I clarified my point for you. The Nats tried but failed. Apparently closers like their money right now, not in 10 years.

Last edited:
Atlanta adds Braves foam tomahawk spill to list of interstate mishaps

Two lanes of I-75 just outside Atlanta were blocked on Wednesday morning after a truck carrying thousands of Braves foam tomahawks dropped some of its cargo on the road, causing significant delays.

Screen_Shot_2017_04_12_at_9.17.26_AM.png

I read somewhere on the internetz that Clay Bucholz's injury is the same one that ended Cliff Lee's career. Oy.

Just got back from flying up to see the Yankees home opener with my teenage son. Pineda had a perfect game into the 8th. We go to home opener every year as our tradition. Also try to make it to some other ballpark every year in September. Usually, we go to a baseball game on Saturday and an NFL game on Sunday in a new city each year.

I read somewhere on the internetz that Clay Bucholz's injury is the same one that ended Cliff Lee's career. Oy.

Looks like that is one "lottery ticket" the Phillies won't be cashing. They planned to showcase him early this year, then swap him for a prospect or two in July. $13 million gamble not gonna pay off.

Red Sox should trade for Jose Quintana and Nationals should trade for David Robertson. Both would fill big needs.

O's beat TOR who is off to a franchise worst 1-8 start. Things are good in the world.

How can Sam Dyson be near unhittable in WBC andhave the year he has had last few years and yet have blown four saves in the first two weeks of the season

How can Sam Dyson be near unhittable in WBC andhave the year he has had last few years and yet have blown four saves in the first two weeks of the season

He was pretty terrible yesterday. I enjoyed listening to Hamels swear at himself yesterday when he would miss on a pitch. M's play by play would immediately talk about how competitive and demanding Hamels is on himself to help justify it.

Stop the presses! Phils beat the Mets. In extras.

Bullpen issues for the Mets leading to 4 game losing skid.

Familia back tomorrow.

Whatever happened to the "batters can't leave the box unless it's a foul ball" rule? Is that a thing or did I make that up? I seem to be hyper-aware of batters that constantly step out of the box, wander around, etc, while the pitcher just stands there and waits.

Back