• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2017 WORLD SERIES L.A. DODGERS VS. ASTROS THREAD

Whatever happened to the "batters can't leave the box unless it's a foul ball" rule? Is that a thing or did I make that up? I seem to be hyper-aware of batters that constantly step out of the box, wander around, etc, while the pitcher just stands there and waits.

That's not a rule. I'd have to check OBR, but in high school Fed rules there are about seven reasons a batter can step out of the box. Things like after a swinging strike (or attempted bunt), being forced out by an inside pitch, a wild pitch, a pick-off attempt or throw down by catcher, either team calls and is granted time, etc. Otherwise a batter is supposed to keep one foot in the box the whole time. I think OBR is similar, although I'm not sure it's a point of emphasis in MLB.

Last edited:

Reds Orioles yesterday was a great example of different ways a pitcher can dominate. Reds rookie Amir Garrett went 7 innings with 12K/1BB/7 hits/2 runs. Orioles Ubaldo Jimenez went 7.2 innings with 3K/4BB/2 hits/0 runs

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

James Paxton with 4 Ks through 2 innings and has a 3-0 lead. He hasn't allowed a run all year.

I might just go to bed. This one is OVA

I'm surprised Brian McCann hasn't weighed in on this ridiculous Red Sox/Orioles beef.

I'm surprised Brian McCann hasn't weighed in on this ridiculous Red Sox/Orioles beef.

It was all stupid. Machado's slide was sketchy. Matt Barnes throwing at his head was bad. Part of the problem was the knuckleballer went Saturday, not exactly the guy to retaliate. If I had to guess I'd think Barnes meant to hit him but not throw at his head. Barnes throws 97 and that ball was only 90. Barnes needs a suspension for sure, and it's probably the only way he'll get any rest as John Farrell only trusts 3 relievers.

It was all stupid. Machado's slide was sketchy. Matt Barnes throwing at his head was bad. Part of the problem was the knuckleballer went Saturday, not exactly the guy to retaliate. If I had to guess I'd think Barnes meant to hit him but not throw at his head. Barnes throws 97 and that ball was only 90. Barnes needs a suspension for sure, and it's probably the only way he'll get any rest as John Farrell only trusts 3 relievers.

The Red Sox organization and media come out of the situation looking terrible. Pete Abraham is calling on the team to retaliate (such a pussy move). Farrell says the Barnes pitch was unintentional (lol, this is like Russia denying hacking during the election). Red Sox are a bunch of pussies. Throwing 90+ at a guy's head is potential career-ender. So much bullshit.

Also, Machado clearly tried to pull up and catch Pedroia so he didn't fall. Clearly intentional bad slide, IMO! It's all such bullshit. It's even more hypocritical given that Panda took Schoop out in 2015 and landed him on the DL for two months with a knee injury.

kbc5hy9lwrri9n7nxrxz.gif

Give me a fucking break.

pedroia said he had no problem with the slide, so idk why fans would

seemed like a fine slide to me

The unwritten rules of throwing at Manny Machado’s danged head

I can't copy it because it isn't a gif, but my favorite part is Eduardo Rodriguez trying super hard to hit Machado.

That’s it. That’s your chance. It’s over. This is close to the appropriate response, too. Throw three pitches kinda sorta at him to let the world know you haven’t forgotten about the slide, and move on. The worst unwritten rule that was broken in the series was the one that goes something like, “Don’t look like a dingus because you can’t hit someone you’re trying to,” and yet it was accidentally the most reasonable response to what Machado did.

Then Barnes did the absolute worst thing a major league pitcher can do.

Pitchers can kind of throw it where they want, but the difference between throwing at a butt and throwing at a head is releasing the ball a fraction of a second later. Unless you’re throwing at A.J. Pierzynski and it’s hard to tell where one ends and the other begins, but seriously, folks.

Last edited:
Thames at it again. Another 2 bombs in 2 innings tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does a team with no fans sale for $1.3 billion? I don't get it.

Back